Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Lathe Thread Cutting Attachment
Keith Brooke on cartertools.com
Homemade thread cutting attachment for a Taig lathe based on the Unimat 3. A 3-jaw chuck carrying a thread leader is mounted on the headstock spindle. Follower nut is connected to a drive rod linked to the carriage. As the spindle turns, the lead of the follower nut is duplicated in the carriage and the mounted cutter.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Dial Indicator swivel universal r...
- Mini Lathe Belt Drive Improvement...
- Excavator collapses hillside - GIF
- Automatic wire twister homemade
- How to make a simple and effectiv...
- DIY Variable Lab Bench Power Supp...
- Wire Netting Machine
- Straightening bicycle sprockets -...
- DIY Bluetooth Speaker 25W+25W TD...
- Squaring round metal containers -...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!