Community for builders of homemade tools
Learn to build your own tools and share them with the world.
Homemade Taig Mill Boring Head
Dean Williams on deansphotographica.com
Homemade boring head intended for use with a Taig mill and constructed in accordance with Steve Campbell's plans. Boring head body and slide are machined from 12L14 cold rolled steel. Brass gib with 6-32 SHCS as set screw. Leadscrew nut and retainer are also brass. Fits ER-16 spindle. Micro dial is CRS, incorporates 25 divisions, and is silver soldered to the modified screw.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- PyroLance water gun - video
- Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch S...
- Yves Rossy jet wing - photo and v...
- Golf hole cutter/filler - GIF
- Router Sled for flattening large ...
- Egg shelling machine - video
- Drawing a perfect circle on a cha...
- Charcoal/Wood Forging
- 1946 hand-built trenching machine...
- Lead cover for lathe bed
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!