Homemade Log Splitter
Featured forum tools (updated April 25th, 2016)
1. Marking Gauge Design
2. Ant Bait Box
3. Marking Knife
4. Milling Machine
5. Lathe Purchase Advice
6. Drill Press Knob
7. Vernier Metal Marking Gauge
8. Retainer Ring Spanner
9. Clamp Storage Rack
10. Do You Build on Your Job?
Sam on mig-welding.co.uk
Homemade log splitter constructed from scrap parts. Consists of a hydraulic ram from a backhoe and the spool valve from a potato planter. Pump is powered by a Briggs & Stratton gasoline engine. The ram sits on a 152 x 152 offcut beam that can be raised or dropped for vertical or horizontal cutting. The oil tank mounted under the frame serves as the axle for the wheels.
Rate this build:
Newest Forum Posts
- Rockwell Drill Press Restored
- Garage Gantry Crane
- Micro crosscut sled for table saw
- FordBuilds.net: Ford Mk1 Escort b...
- GarageBuilds.net: Jumbo Steel Gar...
- Sheet Metal Marking Gauge
- Tenon Jig for Table Saw
- BikeBuilds.net: 1982 Honda MB5 Pr...
- Homemade Rotory Weld Positioner A...
- MuscleCarBuilds.net: 1974 Plymout...
Related Homemade Tools:
Signup for our newsletter and get the 50 Best Homemade Tools eBook free!