Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 1932 Royal Enfield Bullet motorcycle - GIF

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    Buy your son a motorcycle for his last birthday...

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Before my wife decided I didn't want to ride anymore, I'd put in tens of thousands of miles on two wheels. Most on-road but I loved off-road riding until in college my relatives managed to relieve me of my Hodaka. Only had ONE on-road accident, I was giving a fellow rider a lift and he made a sudden sideways move during a low speed turn. Sure glad I had engine guards, ground one pretty flat.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    HODAKA.... witch one? dirt squirt?combatwombat, super wombat? we had a dealer neer us when I was a kid, I used to go there weekley. Ive had quite a few dirt bikes, but never a hodaka. even had a kawazuki!!!!( kawasaki 100 with 10 speed trans/2 range) with a suzuy tm 125 piston,cylinder,head& carb. the kawasaki was a rotery valve and the suzy was reed/piston port... so it was a single cylinder with duel carbs. pretty neet.the kaw had a busted piston&effed cylinder, and the suzy had trans eaten up, so we made one form the 2. those were in deed some fun days.especialy living in japan where parts were cheep.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    It was a Wombat, the one with the 5 gallon chrome tank.

When I moved from high school to college I changed the rear sprocket and tires and used it to commute to school every day. That was a really nice bike.

Over a summer break I was doing a bit of a rebuild on it so it would be in top condition for the fall, but as soon as it was apart I was ordered (in the south you obey your elders!) to go work on a relative's house and that kept being extended until the end of summer. Oh gee, guess you'll have to drive a car. So instead I moved to a place across the street from school.

Thanks
    yup I remember that big chrome tanks on them. I was looking at one on flebay a years or so ago.I was thinking it might be fun to have one.....hell my 79 yz 250 hasent been out of the toy barn for 5 years..I get a new pipe for it... a new DG pipe.... what a POS it is, apparently DG was sold and there selling **** now.it dont fit, it dosent have a seat for the pipe flange to seat agnist the exhaust port...it dont work.someday Ill cut it up and fix it. hell it even hits the carb!!! there were no help at all, it seems I have to only pipe that they have ever made that dont fit and isant made right....probably a china made pipe

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Back in the day of 2 strokes for endure racing everyone round these parts absolutely had to have Bankie tuned expansion chambers on their bikes. George Bankie sold 1000s of the things for every make of bike you could imagine. I met George towards the end of the tuned expansion pipe era. He and I started fabricating skids and assembling natural gas compressor units then we went together and started building oil well drilling rigs in 1979
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    thats quite a departure from cycles. and probably a lot more $$ in it too!!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information