I've made some more progress on the wooden bandsaw. Almost done with the upper enclosure now.
Before I can make the lower enclosure, I really need to finalise the motor mount and wiring. (Currently has a temporary motor). It will involve a bit of metal fabricating, because I don't have a suitable pulley, and also the motor is a face-mount motor, whereas I need a foot mount motor.
I wanted to build the lower enclosure next, but realised it's quite dependant on the final choice and installation of motor. So - I switch gears for a while, and do a bit of metalworking to try to convince an electric mulcher motor to stand in as a bandsaw motor. Several problems come up, but I have a plan for overcoming them.
PS: No - that's not a real drive dog that I use on the lathe, and no - you probably shouldn't try to copy that method!
Post your reply!
Join 42,532 of us and get 200+ tool plans, tool eBooks, build guides, and much more.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)