Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: 3" honing rod guide disks

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools

3" honing rod guide disks

I needed to make several UHMW disks to fit on a shaft to hones a 3" cylinder.
    I just love the swarf from UHMW
    3" honing rod guide disks-img_20211002_192127as.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Frank S! We've added your Honing Rod Guide Discs to our Machining category,
    as well as to your builder page: Frank S's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    I noticed a little clarity issue in many of your pictures. Have you tried cleaning the lens before taking them?

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    yep, this stupid phone has a mind of its own, sometimes the auto focus goes into search and screwup mode. Once I notice it I have to power down the phone restart it and reset the camera to factory default, then it will be fine until it thinks everything should be shiny.
    What else would I expect from a military grade phone designed to be dropped from an airplane.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    I mean it's kind of a cool effect but not if you're trying to show details. Not going down soon to get a new $1000 iPhone 13 with the pro camera huh? I think I paid $50 for my last phone!

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    I mean it's kind of a cool effect but not if you're trying to show details. Not going down soon to get a new $1000 iPhone 13 with the pro camera huh? I think I paid $50 for my last phone!
    There are not enough people on this planet to tackle me and force me to buy" i "anything.
    I tried a windows phone for about a year the only issue I had with it was it was too delicate so I rolled back to my galaxy S4 active in an armored Otterbox case with 2 layers of Gorilla glass 5 After smashing the screen and replacing the digitizer in it at least 6 times in 4 years 3 years before the windows phone and 1year after replacing the screen in the windows phone 3 times. I finally did what Frank has always done with phones, I made a flip phone out of it so I wouldn't be tempted to repair it yet another time.
    I bought a used mil surplus reconditioned SonimXP8 xp8800 for $100.00. The phone has probably been in combat more than many returning vets. But it had been cleaned wiped and refurbished with a new case and screen . It sucks for receiving test pictures, can't blow them up to view them. This is partly because I refuse to set the fingerprint unlock mode I have it set to never lock screen which for some reason disables the pinch and spread mode of the pictures unless I save them to the gallery first. It sometimes sucks at taking pictures but mostly it does fine if I leave it on factory default. It seems to be reasonably tough, at least I haven't had to replace the screen yet and it's been 6 months now. Some kind of a record for me. I carry it in an armored belt case which I am sure helps a little but that didn't keep me from smashing the S4a
    If someone invents a phone that will take pictures like a Nikon or Pentax and has a screen made out of transparent Titanium or something stronger I will auction off half my grand children to the circus for one.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Frank S; Oct 7, 2021 at 09:10 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Hoosiersmoker (Oct 8, 2021)

Thread Information