Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: 4600 pages of book over pinion cutting, but in french

Thanks

Okapi's Tools

4600 pages of book over pinion cutting, but in french

My title is false, they are 3402 pages, I've made an error and cannot edit the title, sorry.
    I think it can help you sometimes, then I give you the link with the free pdf which comes from the Swiss school of engineering in Fribourg, they are a lot of formulas and drawings which are understandable in all languages.

http://www.raymondnicolet.ch/volume3/Volume_3.pdf

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I took 1 semester of French in High school too bad I didn't pay more attention LOL
    Good thing there is always google translate here is the first page to give you an idea of how you can recreate it in English
    FRIBOURG DEERERS SCHOOL (E.I.F.) G.R. Nicolet SECTION, reviewed in 2006
    MACHINE ELEMENT CONCEPTION AND CALCUL
    VOLUME 3 Version 1, June 2006
    Geometry of gears and wheels toothed Parallel axis gears Concurrent axis controls parallel gears and competing Left gears Clutches, torquers and brakes Flexible link transmissions Friction elements Articulation mechanisms
    Copyright - Gaston Nicolet CH-1700 Freiburg All right booked

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Okapi (Aug 21, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Page 3.1 For any more you are on your own to copy paste a page in the translator
    "NDIRECT TRANSMISSION ORGANES
    Organs for indirect transmission are characterized by a change in the frequency of rotation between the leading and the led. The transmission ratio, symbol i, is equal to the ratio of the angular velocity of the leading part 1 to that of the trained part. It is also the ratio of the rotational frequencies of the leading part 1 and the led part 2: i n n ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 1 2 1 2 . In order to maintain the computational relationships with the simplest expressions, the frequency of rotation is expressed in turns per second. The angular velocity is then defined by the product of the frequency of rotation n by 2 , i.e.: 2 -n.
    CHAPTER 18 GEOMETRY OF ENGRENAGES AND DENTED WHEELS
    The gears are classified as indirect transmission elements because the main purpose of these mechanisms is to change the frequency of rotation between the trees leading and leading. In toothed wheeled mechanisms, the transmission ratio varies with the number of teeth of the wheels forming the gear. It is invariable on average if one neglects the geometric errors always present in a real gear. The general classification of toothed wheels and gears can be carried out according to the overall catalogue of Figure 18.1. The toothed wheels are bodies of revolution equipped with teeth transmitting movement by nesting teeth. A single gear is an elemental mechanism consisting of at least two toothed wheels. The main advantages of toothed wheel mechanisms and gears are: 1. the ability to transmit rotational movements and torque between between two trees, from the lowest to the highest. 2. to ensure a constant transmission ratio between the two trees regardless of the load applied. Exception: elliptical wheeled mechanisms whose purpose is precisely to obtain a variable transmission ratio. 3. to be able to arrange the axes of the wheels in any way in space. However, parallel-axis gear transmission is the best possible solution. 4. to obtain high safety in service and a high lifespan even in the presence of very variable efforts. 5. Relatively limited maintenance, modest footprint and an acceptable cost price, especially through the use of catalogue gearboxes. We must not lose sight of some disadvantages to be taken into account in toothed wheel transmissions. These include: 1. a sometimes annoying sound level. 2. an almost rigid transmission between the entry shaft and the exit shaft, with the damping of the bumps remaining ineffective during sudden changes in torque or speed."

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information