Hi Gang,

Just discovered this place while doing a search on making fixtures for sharpening end mills and looks like a great place with my kinda folks.

I've been a mechanic most my life and it seemed they never made the tool or fixture I needed, wanted or could afford. So I've been making and modding stuff for as long as I've been working with my hands. I guess it's in the blood because my grandfather was a Dust Bowl refugee who parlayed his black smithing background into being a Cornbinder mechanic here on the west side of the valley in CA for 40yrs. Not a straight unmodded tool in his small box of tools. Lots of bent wrenches and short handled sledge hammers.

I've transitioned into being a micromanufacturer here out of my garage. I work in metal mostly and have to design and make my own tools and equipment. So I've been acquiring old Harbor Freight equipment because it's cheap, plentiful and I don't feel bad about modding it for my purposes. 9x20 lathe, Rong Fu 30 mill and 40yrs of accumulation.