An incredible and most awesome find! I scored a total of 7 (boat) jack stands for FREE!!!

I was perusing the Facebook Marketplace on Sunday morning (11/1/2020) while eating breakfast and came upon an ad just posted in Belfast, Maine for six (6) boat stands for free! Belfast is a little over 1-1/2 hour away (driving time), so I jumped right on it and messaged the owner right away.

The person posting the free ad for the jack stands returned my inquiry message in short order and said: “the first person who says they are on the way gets them!” I immediately messaged back; “I’m on my way!”

I jumped in my truck and drove straight to the location given where I could pick up the jack stands. While in route, the person giving them away had located a 7th stand and added it to the collection.

The jack stands are fairly tall for the boats I have, but the acme threaded screws used in the jack stands are the most valuable part, running about $150.00(US) each at “Fastenal” and the acme threaded nuts are about $30.00(US) each. The steel used to make up the stands themselves is relatively inexpensive and I can easily make up some smaller stands at the height I need, using the acme threaded screws and nuts. The only other things I have to fabricate are the brackets and plywood pads that fit the tops of the acme threaded screws, but that’s very easy and inexpensive to accomplish.

Other News: It snowed early this morning and so “Wintah” is officially here in Maine!