Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Bobcat freeing shield - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,827 Times in 11,332 Posts

Bobcat freeing shield - GIF

Bobcat freeing shield.

Previously:

Trapped kitten rescue tool - GIF
    BoarBuster feral hog trap - video
    Pigeon trap - GIF
    Boulder-weighted fish trap - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Jun 21, 2021), carloski (Jun 22, 2021), Floradawg (Jun 20, 2021), jimfols (Jun 20, 2021), nova_robotics (Jun 19, 2021), Ralphxyz (Jun 23, 2021), Scotty1 (Jun 20, 2021), Tule (Jun 20, 2021)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    More heart and guts than sense.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WmRMeyers For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Jun 23, 2021), nova_robotics (Jun 19, 2021)

Thanks

bstanga's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    More heart and guts than sense.
    Yeah, and the woman is kinda hot too..

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I see a click bait here Who the heck carries a shield around for freeing trapped animals unless they are some bleeding heart animal activist group hell bent on freeing animals from a trapper's trap line WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW to infringe on a trapper's trapline in any way shape form or fashion.
    If said trap is on private property set by the owner or a hired representative to trap nuisance and predatory animals the term criminal trespass comes to play and as such it would be well within the rights of the owner to shoot the trespasser Her actions became criminal the moment she approached the trapped animal with intent on freeing said animal.
    Leg hold traps are never set for animal relocation they are set for 3 things and 3 things only the pelts the meat or to rid an area of nuisance and predatory animals
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Jun 23, 2021), milla (Jun 28, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 619 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    I know somebody with a bobcat as a pet. It jumped on my head and was chewing (playfully) on my ears. You'd think it would be totally wild and unfit to keep in a house, but it was a surprisingly normal house cat.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Consider yourself very lucky it didn’t bite you. Never trust a wild animal.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhatter3 View Post
    Consider yourself very lucky it didn’t bite you. Never trust a wild animal.
    I've known people who have raised bobcats, skunks, raccoons, Fox and opossums as pets from before they were old enough to be weaned. In most cases if the animal is raised from an early enough age and they are spayed or neutered, in the case of the skunk their stink gland removed they truly do make good pets but you will only get out of them what you give them. all require near constant human contact and need to be given frequent attention to maintain the human/ animal bond. The saddest thing is many have short lives in captivity but often times an even shorter life span in the wild though.

Supporting Member schuylergrace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I Who the heck carries a shield around for freeing trapped animals unless they are some bleeding heart animal activist group hell bent on freeing animals from a trapper's trap line WHICH IS AGAINST THE LAW to infringe on a trapper's trapline in any way shape form or fashion.
    I don't know who the heck she is, but trappers carry those, too, to free animals that they didn't mean to trap, either because they are out of season (or illegal to trap), or because they aren't the animals they are intending to trap. Leg traps are indiscriminate, so you have to have a way to free what you don't want, including pets that might happen to become trapped. Judging from the way she handled herself and the animal, I'd guess she has done this many times before and is probably a trapper, herself.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schuylergrace For This Useful Post:

milla (Jun 28, 2021), that_other_guy (Jun 20, 2021)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by schuylergrace View Post
    I don't know who the heck she is, but trappers carry those, too, to free animals that they didn't mean to trap, either because they are out of season (or illegal to trap), or because they aren't the animals they are intending to trap. Leg traps are indiscriminate, so you have to have a way to free what you don't want, including pets that might happen to become trapped. Judging from the way she handled herself and the animal, I'd guess she has done this many times before and is probably a trapper, herself.
    I hadn't considered that possibility.
    The only professional trapper I ever knew was when I was a kid. A great uncle of mine who lived up in the Mountains of Colorado, and nothing caught in a trap on his trapline was ever released that I ever heard him admit. Leg hold traps in the region where I live are not allowed for the specific poupous you mentioned. Only live traps deadfalls and snares are allowed. Deadfalls and snares are usually used to catch smaller game or rodents.
    When I was a kid we used to set leg hold traps all around the barn and chicken coops at night, lots of predatory varmints were caught and summarily dispatched. The farm dogs are generally smart enough to avoid them as they were always with us when we set them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

schuylergrace (Jun 20, 2021)

Thanks
    This lady is a trapper to pull the fur off the animals. The trapper has to release the animal only because the animal has stepped into the trap during a time when it was free to hunt.
    It is the most cowardly way to hunt animals. This type of hunting has long been banned in Europe. The lady advertises on YouTube and Facebook. Really the most primitive way to hunt animals.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information