Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Chainsaw case splitting tool

Thanks

Double J Creations's Tools

Chainsaw case splitting tool

Hello all, I am rebuilding a Husqvarna 51 chainsaw, changing bearings on the crankshaft and needed to split the lower case apart. Did not have the tool to split the case and did not want to spend $80.00 on one either so I made one. It's been done before so no big deal, and not as beefy as some you might see, just used what I had. Cut it out of 1/8" plate steel with my plasma cutter and used a 1" square tube as the base to weld to. Used 1/2" althread and two nuts. Once I had all the welding completed, I cleaned it all up and gave it a try, it worked great. My thought is that even with the lighter gauge materials used it will still do the job. Here are photos.Chainsaw case splitting tool-image.jpgChainsaw case splitting tool-image.jpgChainsaw case splitting tool-image.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Double J Creations For This Useful Post:

Jon (May 6, 2016), PJs (May 7, 2016)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts
    Thanks Double J Creations! We've added your Case Splitter to our Miscellaneous category, as well as to your builder page: Double J Creations' Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information