Free 173 Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 500+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: CNC Plasma Cutting in a Small Space

  1. #21
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Hi Guys
    Have seen designs were the axis drive assembly (Motor, Pulleys, Belt and Spur Gear) had a pivot mount and a spring pulled this assembly (Spur Gear) towards the Rack taking out the backlash. Not sure if this would tend to make the movement jumpy or not? I have zero experience with this arrangement but have seen it used.
    Cheers
    Willy

    173 Best Homemade Tools eBook

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to willyb For This Useful Post:

    nova_robotics (Jan 29, 2021)

  3. #22
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    4,551
    Thanked 575 Times in 306 Posts

    nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    Hi Guys
    Have seen designs were the axis drive assembly (Motor, Pulleys, Belt and Spur Gear) had a pivot mount and a spring pulled this assembly (Spur Gear) towards the Rack taking out the backlash. Not sure if this would tend to make the movement jumpy or not? I have zero experience with this arrangement but have seen it used.
    Cheers
    Willy
    Yup. My CNC flame cutter is exactly like this. I had assumed it was so the gears could roll over crud and slag, but you're probably right about reducing backlash as well.

  4. #23
    Supporting Member tmate3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 209 Times in 53 Posts

    tmate3's Tools

    The Beginnings of the Torchmate Company

    For anyone interested in the beginnings of the Torchmate company, information on its early history can be found here:

    https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...chmate-387482/
    Last edited by tmate3; Mar 1, 2021 at 06:46 AM.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tmate3 For This Useful Post:

    HobieDave (Jul 18, 2021), Jon (Mar 1, 2021), Rikk (Mar 1, 2021), Sleykin (Jun 8, 2022)

  6. #24
    Supporting Member mccwho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    186
    Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
    Are there any build plans for this wonderful project? I would like to build one for myself.

  7. #25
    Supporting Member tmate3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 209 Times in 53 Posts

    tmate3's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mccwho View Post
    Are there any build plans for this wonderful project? I would like to build one for myself.
    I have a pdf file with free plans you can download. While they don't cover the entire project, they do provide a lot more information than is included here.

    The plans can be accessed here: https://fortuneafterfifty.godaddysit...c-plasma-table

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to tmate3 For This Useful Post:

    mccwho (Feb 17, 2022)

  9. #26
    Supporting Member Sleykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Medford, Oregon USA
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    988
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts

    Sleykin's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tmate3 View Post
    I have a pdf file with free plans you can download. While they don't cover the entire project, they do provide a lot more information than is included here.

    The plans can be accessed here: https://fortuneafterfifty.godaddysit...c-plasma-table
    The link seems to be dead. Is there a new link?

  10. #27
    Supporting Member tmate3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    88
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 209 Times in 53 Posts

    tmate3's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleykin View Post
    The link seems to be dead. Is there a new link?
    Try this one:

    https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/667...=1654734029891



    173 Best Homemade Tools eBook

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to tmate3 For This Useful Post:

    Sleykin (Jun 9, 2022)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •