Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Colors of noise - infographic

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

Andyt (May 22, 2022), nova_robotics (May 21, 2022), Philip Davies (May 22, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 609 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Somewhat relevant, but still quite interesting:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    The thing that scares me is I understood him
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 705 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    All I know is that I absolutely hate most of those noises. Especially fans. No way do they increase my concentration nor do they help me sleep nor relax me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tonyfoale For This Useful Post:

Philip Davies (May 22, 2022)

Supporting Member Philip Davies's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,019 Times in 342 Posts

Philip Davies's Tools
    Sometimes I wonder whether I would be happier if I were stone deaf! (I would not be, of course) My neighbours might be happier if they were deaf.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,627 Times in 705 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Davies View Post
    Sometimes I wonder whether I would be happier if I were stone deaf! (I would not be, of course) My neighbours might be happier if they were deaf.
    I am heading that way. Too many years riding motorcycles without ear plugs. Sometimes it is a blessing but I miss the sound of the birds and bees. One day I went outdoors with hearing aids in and I was amazed at all the sounds that I had forgotten.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tonyfoale For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfoale View Post
    I am heading that way. Too many years riding motorcycles without ear plugs. Sometimes it is a blessing but I miss the sound of the birds and bees. One day I went outdoors with hearing aids in and I was amazed at all the sounds that I had forgotten.
    Along sometime in the early 1990s I was talked into plonking down nearly 3 grand for a pair of those irritating miracle ear noise creators.
    After I had the wax impressions made of both ear canals, and waiting a month for them to be made, I was finally outfitted with a pair of " OH! YES SIR THESE ARE THE LATEST AND GREATEST MOST ADVANCED HEARING DEVICES IN THE WORLD,,,,,,,,,," After numerous adjustments and re-fittings. I could hear a gnat fart from a 100 yards away, and mosquitos on the attack in the next county, but the human voice was nearly impossible to understand made even worse if there were more than a single person talking. A crowded breakfast cafe was painful enough to almost make my ears bleed. I would reach up and turn them completely off and sit there in blissful silence since they did do a good job of being ear plugs when switched off. After about 3 months of visiting the hearing center almost every other day one day I carried them back with a hammer in my hand, asked to see the manager and for the total pay off of my account. He came out I wrote out a check, asked for my paid in full receipt. Are we square I asked, pulled the plugs out of my ears laid them on the counter in front of several other customers and smashed both of them with the hammer. You might want to cash that check today I told him as I walked out.
    I will probably go stone cold deaf and shove ice picks in my ear drums before I'll ever buy another pair of hearing devices

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Thread Information