Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Combination Drill and Countersink Stand for sizes #00000 through #1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools

Combination Drill and Countersink Stand for sizes #00000 through #1

I have been following the wonderful tool making work at the website Adventures in Watchmaking** - Home. I highly recommend seeing the website for the work products made mainly with a Cowells 90CW lathe and using many homemade attachments and tools for the 90CW.

One of the website articles is for a brass stand for holding the very small Keo combination drill and countersinks which all have body diameters of 0.125". I made my stand from 3/4" dia. C360 brass rod and performed the knurling on my 7" swing mini lathe. The brass part is 0.740" dia. by 1" tall and drilled with eight 0.125" dia. and evenly spaced holes that are 0.4" deep.

Combination Drill and Countersink Stand for sizes #00000 through #1-index-drilling-combination-drill-countersink-stand.jpg

The brass stand is photographed on my Unimat SL 1000 where I used a small Unimat dividing head to drill the evenly spaced holes. The drilling used a homemade depth stop on the milling head to consistently drill to 0.400" deep (the end of the depth stop can be seen in the upper right of the middle photo).

Combination Drill and Countersink Stand for sizes #00000 through #1-combination-drill-countersink-stand.jpg

Regards,

Paul Jones

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by Paul Jones; Aug 3, 2017 at 01:49 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Jones For This Useful Post:

jjr2001 (Sep 1, 2016), kbalch (Jul 7, 2014)

Thanks
    Thanks Paul! I've added your Drill and Countersink Stand to our Machining and Storage and Organization categories, as well as to your builder page: Paul Jones' Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information