Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Concrete fence post removal tool - video

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (Jul 24, 2020), Beserkleyboy (Jul 23, 2020), EnginePaul (Jul 27, 2020), jkahn (Jul 24, 2020), JoeVanGeaux (Jul 23, 2020), Metallurg33 (Jul 26, 2020), Quinton 357 (Jul 24, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Mar 18, 2021), wolfpaak (Jul 24, 2020)

Thanks
    great idea, this guy knows how to make things,and understands the word safety too..about the nylon strap,, here in the USA we have tow straps w snap hooks on the ends,15 ft long for 15-20$$,about a 1.5 inches wide, and a3000# rating,i do removal like that but most of it is on ground,and i think those feet would sink in,someone could put a hole in each of the feet and then makeup 3 more wider feet,w a short bolt that would fit in said hole, and also for ground use on the opposite side of bolt weld on a 4 inch long 3/4 diameter,,round piece of bar stock w a sharpened end so it would go into the ground and keep every thing stable,and in place,just me thinking outloud...

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    hi, a very nice project but I would like to have the plans, on this site I paid to have the plans where are 'em

Thanks
    Thanked 1,449 Times in 822 Posts

hemmjo's Tools
    There are plans available for many of the items you see here but not all.

Most of the projects posted here are made by someone who has a specific need, and there are no detailed drawings made as the items are designed as they take shape. If you noticed, he started out with square cuts on the end of the legs, with plastic inserts. Then changed to angled legs with plates to make a larger bearing surface.

Few of us have that exact need, so someones exact plans would most likely NOT meet the requirement of the job you need to do. Some take the time to make drawings. Others are busy making things and getting their work done. I am very thank full for those who take the time to document the things that have built.

I find myself right now, wishing I knew that guy, maybe he would loan me that device as I need to accurately position a bunch of heavy concrete piers. But since he appears to be in Poland, I will make something similar using 2 x 4's and winch I have on hand.

For me, it is the ideas that are much more important that a set of drawings that call for materials that I do not have on hand.

Just my point of view.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hemmjo For This Useful Post:

EnginePaul (Jul 27, 2020)

Thanks
    Cool. Now you have to motorize that cart.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information