Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Covid-19 Reality Check

Thanks

Crusty's Tools
    COVID the Third-Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

I think it's a real danger, though you can always find someone else who states publicly the same viewpoint as yours (or any other) about it since political game playing and spinning surrounding it have effectively hidden the truth in order to get us back to work and paying taxes or to depose Trump.

Going to the grocery store for me has become a tense mission trying to stay 6' away from encroaching spreaders because taking reasonable precaution is inconvenient for them.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    If you can't make it precise make it adjustable.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Mr. Crusty;, this reply is not directed at you personally, but the general population which carry at least two sets of opinion and reason.

My immune system is based on 68 years worth of highly successful antibodies. That's allowed just under 400 blood and plasma donations, 0- and CMV safe. Only took vaccines required in military service while deployed, had testicular cancer 13 years past common 18-35 age group, no trace of any industrial health issues, diabetes or cholesterol, and B/P averages 98-66.
    Amid periodic temperature and overall health status checks, can say only felt under the weather about 10-12 hours in February; while probably 85-95% isolated re-doing this home. The isolation is getting work done, not sheltering.
    Of people I know, only 2 believed they had 'it' and were miserable full two weeks. They are in the same family and each is a hypochondriac. While I was concerned for them, their habits and outlook caused me discounting self-diagnoses.
    So the oft-used word 'danger', is perceived by many as more like 'potential', certainly not imminent, threatening nor pandemic as portrayed.

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    There are times when I wish we were traveling inside of a galactic starship instead of on the outside of a planet.
    if we were trapped inside and someone or some group of someone's perpetrated such a thing as the covid -19
    "" Personally, the disappointment will be if the hammer is not dropped on the perpetrators, starting with the virus, right down to those utilizing it as means to any agenda. It should be judged an act of terrorism""
    what would happen if in a starship we would simply shove them out an air lock and be done with them.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Sep 4, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    "Shove them out the airlock" is a suitable punishment in my book. Crimes of any kind are committed with little concern of risk, or even being apprehended. It is no surprise the actions playing out in Portland, St. Louis, Kenosha or anywhere else, go on so long. It is not one iota different than neglecting a stop sign or 25mph speed limit in a residential area, illegal modifications to a motor vehicle operated on public highways, or blasting out offensive music.
    Gosh, I may have just outed myself as one who is judging stereotypes and profiling accordingly.

If an airlock was used, the next miscreants would be those cleaning up the splatter. Seems as deterrent would register, eventually.

'They' are fortunate; no, lucky, a few of us aren't mayors, governors, or President.
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Sep 4, 2020 at 10:40 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

Crusty's Tools
    I read this article and it appears to indicate that Covid is a much more insidious infection than has been seen before.

A Supercomputer Analyzed Covid-19 — and an Interesting New Theory Has Emerged

It appears to indicate that severe effects of a Covid infection are a matter of chance rather than any natural resistance a person may have developed but in general, I treat anything which can kill me as a danger. I've had two years of interferon treatment, which should have my immune system still ramped up to near hyperdrive, and I don't think I have any special resistance to this one. My opinion - and we all know what those are like.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    If you can't make it precise make it adjustable.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crusty For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Sep 5, 2020)

Thread Information