Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Creating Woodturning Logo

Thanks

Creating Woodturning Logo

I am trying to create a new Woodworking logo for my friend. I have an old company logo that has a drawing that I would like to use. The company has been closed down for many years...
    I guess I am looking for a free APP that will allow me to create a new logo. Things like importing and combining images, making curved lines of text etc. It is just frustrating to work with simple photo editing software.
    Any help would be appreciated.

The woodworker with his plane at the workbench is the portion I would like to keep. Pic attached.
    Thanks
    Peter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Creating Woodturning Logo-img_3862.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Hi Peter, what type of operating system are you using? For example are you using a mobile device running Android or Apple OS or are you using a laptop or desktop with Windows? There are a number of apps for all these systems. I've had some experience in this area, so hopefully I can give some help.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hi Oloneear,
    Thank you for the offer. I am using Photo Scape X, free version on my Dell Laptop. But most of my time I am on my iPad.
    I have tried to wash out the background to get the lines on the Carpenter clear. Not working, I think the program is too basic in this version. I can crop the Carpenter out ok but it is not a clear line diagram. My goal is to laser burn this for a friend and the laser likes clear drawings.
    I know there are Photoshop Apps etc but they are all at a cost. I do not do this enough to buy a program. Thus looking for a free version (legal) that can help.
    Thanks, nice to see you are in Canada.
    Peter
    Hanover, Ontario

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts
    Also consider trying out a free trial of one of the expensive Photoshop tools. Some of the free trials include a watermark, but some don't.

Thanks
    Thank you Jon,
    I have done that and the free trials expire quickly, so it is a waste of time to learn such a program. Currently looking at SVG.com. Hoping for a good option.

Thanks
    Asked a couple of Apple user friends, they both us Mac versions of Photoshop for most everything but one did say they had good luck on their iphone with "Free Logo Maker" by softonic.com I'm not sure if this is what you need or not, just been quite a long time since I fooled around with any Apple/MacIntosh apps. Good luck with your logo.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information