Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cyclone swarf separator. Thank you to previous builders of these for posting on HMT.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    I can't pick a favorite from that....no taller ants, false morality on a petal stool ....you have a huge ship on your shoulder.
    Where do you start? Memorable quips entertain those of us with broad vocabularies, or good sense of humor, or a sideways perspective of what is going on.

We've a garden statuary store nearby. There's always a humorous statement on their message board overlooking the intersection. While back a hairdresser, takeout pizza, and quick auto lube occupied 3 other corners. One message was "Lube Jobs, Stylists, Pizza, and Gnomes, it's the Party Corner". They change periodically. Now it's "Get a Birdbath for Your Pear Trees Partridge". Was seasonal, still funny; despite inclement weather, broken ladder, or lack of inspiration.
    But I always look.
    Across town is another gagster, also a hair salon "It's a Comb - Not a Wand".
    LoL
    Here's a very old one, no clue to originator, full content or how it was presented.
    To my favorite honeydew, do you carrot all for me?
    My heart beets for you, with your turnip nose, and radish face.
    You are a peach.
    If we cantaloupe, lettuce marry.
    Weed make a swell pear.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    I am terrible at spelling so the poor old spellchecker often gets confused with me. Sometimes it can be very funny when it goes wrong. One day at work I sent out an email and made a mistake and me and my work colleagues were all having a laugh about the error. My Boss at that time said “what is the joke?” I said "me, they are taking the mick out of my dyslexia" I then said "how do I make a formal complaint". My boss replied "can I have it in writing" we all started laughing again.
    Speller checker is great in my opinion. I always use word then copy and paste to the forum otherwise I might as well type in Chinese as you would not understand what I was talking about. I know most of the time you don’t understand anyway LOL

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Another one

Quote Originally Posted by Toolmaker51 View Post
    I can't pick a favorite from that....no taller ants, false morality on a petal stool ....you have a huge ship on your shoulder.
    Where do you start? Memorable quips entertain those of us with broad vocabularies, or good sense of humor, or a sideways perspective of what is going on.

We've a garden statuary store nearby. There's always a humorous statement on their message board overlooking the intersection. While back a hairdresser, takeout pizza, and quick auto lube occupied 3 other corners. One message was "Lube Jobs, Stylists, Pizza, and Gnomes, it's the Party Corner". They change periodically. Now it's "Get a Birdbath for Your Pear Trees Partridge". Was seasonal, still funny; despite inclement weather, broken ladder, or lack of inspiration.
    But I always look.
    Across town is another gagster, also a hair salon "It's a Comb - Not a Wand".
    LoL
    Here's a very old one, no clue to originator, full content or how it was presented.
    To my favorite honeydew, do you carrot all for me?
    My heart beets for you, with your turnip nose, and radish face.
    You are a peach.
    If we cantaloupe, lettuce marry.
    Weed make a swell pear.
    One of my favourites is "Ears pierced while you wait"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomeengineer View Post
    I am terrible at spelling so the poor old spellchecker often gets confused with me. Sometimes it can be very funny when it goes wrong. One day at work I sent out an email and made a mistake and me and my work colleagues were all having a laugh about the error. My Boss at that time said “what is the joke?” I said "me, they are taking the mick out of my dyslexia" I then said "how do I make a formal complaint". My boss replied "can I have it in writing" we all started laughing again.
    Speller checker is great in my opinion. I always use word then copy and paste to the forum otherwise I might as well type in Chinese as you would not understand what I was talking about. I know most of the time you don’t understand anyway LOL
    I'd do better if I wrote offline more, instead of occasionally. Done several posts of late, usually at supper. Kind of everyday tricks, but home guys might find them useful. None were in place here where I hired on, so it's kind of dredging up things I'd taken for granted in decades past.
    But, I'll have to disagree about your posts. They are very clear and quite concise, especially that they are at an elevated skill level. Same for the videos; organized, clear speech, and visual perspective that illustrate the verbal context.

But if pursuing Chinese, please inform us which dialect is chosen in advance. With 11 general and ~200 derivatives, Jon will need to augment the translator program...lol
    Couldn't be any worse than run-of-the-mill instructions supplied with products in the past 20-30 years!
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Apr 1, 2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: a quip, as usual
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

thehomeengineer (Apr 1, 2018)

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    Thank you for the kind words Toolmaker51

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thehomeengineer For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Apr 1, 2018)

Thread Information