Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Desert railway - photo

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    I design loudspeaker drivers for a few companies all over the world. I get them manufactured by an American owned factory run in Guangzhou Southern China.
    There are several American partnered or owned companies in Guangzhou, I used to visit a company named ACL (America China Limited) several times a year. The company I was with in Q8 bought and sold many of their metal working machines. In my factory in Q8 I had one of their 250 ton press breaks and a 250 ton shear also a 120 ton Iron worker plus many more or their machines. I would go there for final inspection and a demonstration of each machine we purchased for use or for sale to insure quality assurance for our customers some of which were in Germany the Netherlands Italy Spain Sweden Rumania Ukraine India and Russia We even sold a few machines to Mexico and here in the USA. Many of the machines made at ACL were painted to preferences and private labeled.
    If you knew how to locate the right manufactures over there you cold find top quality machines built to specifications and tolerances as high as anywhere in the world, but you had to go there to do it.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Rangi (Jan 13, 2020)

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    There are several American partnered or owned companies in Guangzhou, I used to visit a company named ACL (America China Limited) several times a year. The company I was with in Q8 bought and sold many of their metal working machines. In my factory in Q8 I had one of their 250 ton press breaks and a 250 ton shear also a 120 ton Iron worker plus many more or their machines. I would go there for final inspection and a demonstration of each machine we purchased for use or for sale to insure quality assurance for our customers some of which were in Germany the Netherlands Italy Spain Sweden Rumania Ukraine India and Russia We even sold a few machines to Mexico and here in the USA. Many of the machines made at ACL were painted to preferences and private labeled.
    If you knew how to locate the right manufactures over there you cold find top quality machines built to specifications and tolerances as high as anywhere in the world, but you had to go there to do it.
    Nice!

You can get any quality level you wish to pay for from China. It is as simple as that. It always irritates me when I read people trashing Chinese stuff. Put the blame where it is really the cheap importers.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    Wow, great stuff! I was trying to explain to the grandkids about the 12" 3 way front speakers and the AR6 rears...in the workshop...about why they need to be so big, about woofers and voice coils and heavy magnets, dadada...The grand daughter says she prefers her iBuds...but the grandson got the idea when I played 'Back in the USSR' and 'Layla'... LOUD! cheers

Jim

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    China and other areas thought to be third world [not reality] is a form of propaganda. Just like FDR's New Deal, they have inertia, workers and resources, all critical parts in creating a vibrant strong economy.
    Same time, our dear USA thinks service based version is the answer. And by service-based I'm including what irritate us, popup adverts, marketing calls and texts, at least half the email spam, to name a few...
    I cannot imagine how any get paid; for high percentages of rejected proposals.

Too many fail realization what makes service possible; manufacturing and construction infrastructure, right down to PC's, printer paper, and cubicle walls. If "we" weren't making it, they'd not even have a seat!
    Last edited by Toolmaker51; Jan 11, 2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Paragraphs! I said Paragraphs! Fired another typist, lol.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 12, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Beserkleyboy View Post
    Wow, great stuff! I was trying to explain to the grandkids about the 12" 3 way front speakers and the AR6 rears...in the workshop...about why they need to be so big, about woofers and voice coils and heavy magnets, dadada...The grand daughter says she prefers her iBuds...but the grandson got the idea when I played 'Back in the USSR' and 'Layla'... LOUD! cheers

Jim
    Back in the USSR and Layla could make the point, yes. There are many. Plant them in front for "That's all You Need" (Faces) esp Ron Wood's solo bridge. 1971; still gives goosebumps.
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toolmaker51 For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Jan 11, 2020), mwmkravchenko (Jan 12, 2020)

Thanks

Beserkleyboy's Tools
    TM51...too true. Heaps of albums on regular rotation in the workshop are from 71! (68-75).
    ABB Fillmore, Neil and CH, Traffic, Derek and the Dominoes, Who's Next.......dadada. Cheers
    Jim...still dodging bushfires...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beserkleyboy For This Useful Post:

mwmkravchenko (Jan 12, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Jan 11, 2020)

Supporting Member KustomsbyKent's Avatar
    Thanks

KustomsbyKent's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
    I've worked in China off and on for 7 years. Be careful when you think that they are all hard done by dollar a day workers. You couldn't be more wrong. The average person in China earns a wage that is comfortable enough in China. It wouldn't work in the U.S. but for where they are they are doing just fine. To much political baloney has been spread about the working people in China. When you are there it is quite an eye opener. In a great many ways China is far ahead of most Western countries. And like many Western countries has areas that are. Telecoms, Payments. Everything can be paid for with your cellphone if you want. People work hard because they are a money driven community. Money is a security. As of now there is no state run pension system. There is no personal income tax. Wouldn't that be nice!

When I'm there I can get things made at very high quality standards by very skilled people for usually less than the cost of the raw material here in Canada. And what blows me away is that everyone in the chain of supply, purchase and production is still making a living. Nothing is free in China.

And knowing factory owners I can tell you first hand that there are indeed shortages of workers. It all depends where and when. Just like any other larger country.
    I agree with what you've said above. Lived in Shanghai China for 5.5 years, and I continue to go over there on business trips as well.
    Their infrastructure and growth is so impressive, and the work ethic of the people as well. They have turned into a capitalistic society, and communism is just barely there.
    Certainly they have their downsides...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KustomsbyKent For This Useful Post:

Beserkleyboy (Jan 16, 2020), jimfols (Jan 16, 2020), mwmkravchenko (Jan 17, 2020), Toolmaker51 (Jan 15, 2020)

Supporting Member mwmkravchenko's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KustomsbyKent View Post
    I agree with what you've said above. Lived in Shanghai China for 5.5 years, and I continue to go over there on business trips as well.
    Their infrastructure and growth is so impressive, and the work ethic of the people as well. They have turned into a capitalistic society, and communism is just barely there.
    Certainly they have their downsides...
    Any government has it's downsides.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information