Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW

Supporting Member yair feldmann's Avatar
    Thanks

yair feldmann's Tools

DIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW

​My DIY combo table saw/router table has served me well for the last 15 years or so, with two battle horses: Bosch GTS10 table saw and Makita 3601B router.

Now I wanted to add a sliding board running parallel to the saw blade, like the big machines have. Since the saw blade is distant 35 cm from the edge of the table, the slider is less effective when ripping long and narrow boards, but I could not help it.
    Life could have been much easier with linear rail sets like https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000022534820.html, but: a. they are very expensive, and b. what about the DIY spirit?

So here’s what I did:
    I bolted an aluminum rectangular tube to the table frame. The supporting board (156X30 cm, and I could of course make it bigger) rests on the top of the tube and is attached using only two bolts and wingnuts. The two legs supporting this board are fastened to the table frame with two bolts and wingnuts. I equipped the 60X40 cm slider with four ball bearings rolling smoothly in the groove of two U-shaped aluminum rails affixed to the supporting board. Surprisingly, only two wingnuts are required to mount the 104 cm long fence to the slider. The whole system can be mounted or taken apart in a couple of minutes.

Hope you enjoy the pics and the short vid!

DIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW-combo.jpgDIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW-board-rails.jpgDIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW-leg25.jpgDIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW-slider-supporing-board-1-.jpgDIY SLIDER FOR TABLE SAW-fence.jpg
    1. combo table
    2. supporting board
    3. supporting leg
    4. slider
    5. slider and fence

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yair feldmann For This Useful Post:

Jon (May 5, 2021), kboy0076 (May 6, 2021), Scotsman Hosie (May 8, 2021)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks yair feldmann! We've added your Table Saw Slider to our Table Saws category,
    as well as to your builder page: yair feldmann's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information