Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: DRILL PRESS TABLE EXTENSION from scraps

Thanks

ranald's Tools

DRILL PRESS TABLE EXTENSION from scraps

THIS TABLE EXTENSION is made from part of a kitchen bench top braced with scrap pine for easy clamping; faced with thin strips of hardwood to protect the water resistant chipboard of the kitchen top and the fence is made from some 3/4 inch plywood scraps, some aluminium u section left over from an old Triton work centre (used only to support the right angle of the fence) and pivot bolt/wingnut is from a Triton work centre as well.
    The non pivot end is clamped by g cramp or f clamp in the desired position. In order to save the top from destruction I used a sacrifical piece of 9mm ply attached thereto and a 1 inch ply spacer (not photographed). Very cheap and only cost time to make (no cash outlay: even the screws I had as leftovers ).

Attachment 34771

DRILL PRESS TABLE EXTENSION from scraps-rsz_dsc_1814-1-.jpg DRILL PRESS TABLE EXTENSION from scraps-rsz_dsc_1816-1-.jpg

DRILL PRESS TABLE EXTENSION from scraps-rsz_dsc_1815-1-.jpg

tHIS ONE IS ABOUT 30 Y.O. and I have recently sold it(who really needs 2 commercial drill presses and a 5/8 Hp hobby radial arm pedistal job?). One I made about 10 years back is an improved model which I cant access at present due to culling in preparation for moving house.
    Hope someone finds this usefull.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by ranald; May 2, 2020 at 06:37 PM.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks ranald! We've added your Drill Press Table Extension to our Drilling and Drill Presses category,
    as well as to your builder page: ranald's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information