Tired of damaging the wood with metal drill press vices, I decided to make one myself to use only with wood. It is an easy and very useful construction to hold wood pieces and rods.
Almost all the materials are remains of old projects.
If you like the video please Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
In this video I show you the step by step.
- Wooden rod (230mm x 18mm)
- Beech wood
- Pinewood (150mm x 70mm x 90mm)
- Elondo (African wood)
- Metal threaded rod (10mm)
- Nylock nut (2 units)
- Nuts (2 units) and washers (2units)
- Titebond Glue classic
- Wood wax
- Epoxy glue
I am very happy with the final result, both esthetic and functional, but there are two things that if I were to rebuild it I would improve:
- I would use a larger diameter threaded rod to make it faster to tighten or loosen.
- I would not put 2 nuts as a guide for the threaded rod, I only put one inside because it is enough and, furthermore, the movement of the rod is easier with a single nut.