Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Dust collection for dedicated bench

Thanks

the.hogman's Tools

Dust collection for dedicated bench

I have a dedicated bench for deburring and polishing. as such, I took some special liberties with it that some shops might not be able to afford the room to do. To minimize dust floating, I drilled holes through the bench and attached a PVC piping system to a shop vac. As you can see, I made troughs under the wheels to catch the throw off. This is immediately sucked down and out. The end of the trunk line under the bench was heated with a hot air gun and formed over the shop vac fitting perfectly. On a side note, I grounded the PVC pipe run to eliminate any static electricity issues. Notice I use a small piece of brass sheet as a removable blast gate in the elbow just past the wheel.

Dust collection for dedicated bench-img_1621.jpgDust collection for dedicated bench-img_1623.jpgDust collection for dedicated bench-img_1622.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by the.hogman; Jan 21, 2016 at 11:20 AM.
    Manufacturer of Kat Eyz Banjo and Guitar Capos. Handmade and customized personally by me right here in the central part of the USA.

www.kateyzcapos.com

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to the.hogman For This Useful Post:

baja (Jul 26, 2019), h7eh7e (Feb 27, 2023), high-side (Jul 26, 2019), HUMARIA (Jul 28, 2019), Jon (Jan 19, 2016), kbalch (Jan 19, 2016), kboy0076 (Feb 28, 2023), Paul Jones (Jan 19, 2016), PJs (Jan 20, 2016), rlm98253 (May 9, 2023), Wildwilly (Feb 26, 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools
    That is a great idea. This is one of the dirtiest areas in my shop and that is the stuff I can see!. Thanks for this posting.

2000 Tool Plans

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,790 Times in 11,326 Posts
    We have A LOT of dust collection tools listed on this site, many of them very clever. But I had never seen this before. Nice work.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Jan 19, 2016), PJs (Jan 20, 2016), rlm98253 (May 9, 2023), the.hogman (Jan 19, 2016)

Thanks

the.hogman's Tools
    Can't find a blushing emoticon but just consider this line of words exactly that.... Thanks for the kind words.
    Last edited by the.hogman; Jan 19, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts
    Thanks the.hogman! We've added your Deburrer and Polisher Dust Collector to our Dust Collectors category, as well as to your builder page: the.hogman's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Hi the.hogman,

Very clever and unique solution! Your Deburrer and Polisher Dust Collector is the 'Tool of the Week'!

You'll be receiving one of our official HomemadeTools.net T-shirts:

Dust collection for dedicated bench-black-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Dust collection for dedicated bench-black-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg
    Dust collection for dedicated bench-white-shirt-front-actual-design.jpg Dust collection for dedicated bench-white-shirt-rear-actual-design.jpg

Just let me have your details (size, color choice, and mailing address) via PM and we'll get things processed directly.

Congrats!

Ken

Thanks

the.hogman's Tools
    What???!!!! I am so honored given the amount of out of the box thinking on this board. Thank you everyone! I consider this to be quite an honor!
    Manufacturer of Kat Eyz Banjo and Guitar Capos. Handmade and customized personally by me right here in the central part of the USA.

www.kateyzcapos.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 655 Posts

Paul Jones's Tools
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing this clever design and its many applications.

Thanks
    Simple, cheap & effective....THANK YOU!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information