Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Engine- Motor jack

Thanks

1951sms's Tools

Engine- Motor jack

For all you guys that have the need to put a jack under the Motor like replacing your timing Belt. Get an old Scissor jack, a piece of plywood around 1' x 2' x 3/4" or whatever you have available, Two 2" x 3/8" bolts, one 3 x 3/8" bolt, one piece of wood around a 2" x 2"Engine- Motor jack-028.jpgEngine- Motor jack-029.jpg x 8" wood. You could get something like a handle to put on one end.
    The jack will have 2 holes in the bottom already but if not drill two to secure the jack good. Drill and countersink two hole on one end of the board. There is also one hole on the top if not drill one. Drill and countersink one hole on one side to bolt it to the top of the jack but allow the 2 x 2 to turn easily. With the bolts tightened and the heads countersunk in the wood you are able to slid it under the motor and use a impact wrench or whatever to come up to the desired height and not have to worry about the jack falling over and can be slid easily wherever you need.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1951sms For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Aug 19, 2013)

Thanks

Ed ke6bnl's Tools
    I have one of those the we use in conjuction with jack stands to level our baja bug during the build, we need it to be perfectly level while we built the roll cage and can use a digital level off the tube when everything is level front to back and side to side. I have the 30 in lift ones I was going to use for the trailer. also made this for a quick lift bout a couple of these air bags for 25 dollars. and when removed from the stand I can use the bottom to roll the car around.

2000 Tool Plans

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ed ke6bnl For This Useful Post:

kbalch (Aug 19, 2013)

Thanks

1951sms's Tools

The Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Ed ke6bnl View Post
    I have one of those the we use in conjuction with jack stands to level our baja bug during the build, we need it to be perfectly level while we built the roll cage and can use a digital level off the tube when everything is level front to back and side to side. I have the 30 in lift ones I was going to use for the trailer. also made this for a quick lift bout a couple of these air bags for 25 dollars. and when removed from the stand I can use the bottom to roll the car around.
    I love it. I worked on the big trucks for a while and always thought the air bags would work with the right man in charge and Air lift. Thanks for your pic!

Thanks
    Thanks 1951sms! I've added your Engine Jack to our Automotive and Jacks and Lifts categories, as well as to your builder page: 1951sms's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Thanks
    Thanks Ed ke6bnl! I've added your Air Bag Lift to our Automotive and Jacks and Lifts categories, as well as to your builder page: Ed ke6bnl's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information