Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Forklift Trailer Hitch Plate

Thanks

Imabass's Tools

Forklift Trailer Hitch Plate

Simple hitch plate for forklift. Great for moving trailers. Also nice for lifting them up high for working on axles, wiring, or even loading without ramps.

Made from 6x2x3/8 rectangle tubing to slide on the forks and have welded 5/8” nuts for 5/8 bolts for set screws to lock hitch plate to fork tubes. These are connected with 8” channel. To the bottom side of the channel is 2.5”x3/16” square tubing for receiver tube. Also welded to the bottom side are 2 D rings for either safety chains or general lifting. On the back side of the channel, I welded about 3’ of ¼” chain with a hook on the end to secure hitch plate to the forklift to prevent it from sliding off while pulling trailer.

I opted for the receiver tube over welding balls to the top of the hitch plate. I have several ball mounts but the triball is really ideal for the tractor. I can move everything from small trailers to gooseneck trailers. I wanted to keep the top side of the channel flat for future expansion of a 5th wheel hitch.
    Forklift Trailer Hitch Plate-20180610_172757.jpg
    Forklift Trailer Hitch Plate-20180610_172815.jpg
    Forklift Trailer Hitch Plate-20180610_172822.jpg

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Why buy it if you can build it.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Imabass For This Useful Post:

Captn Roy (Jun 12, 2018), Jon (Jun 11, 2018), PJs (Jun 13, 2018), Seedtick (Jun 11, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Imabass! We've added your Trailer Hitch Plate to our Trailers and Towing category,
    as well as to your builder page: Imabass's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Hitch looks good! But I must say that I am very interested in the forklift attachment. The wheels at the bottom of the mast really catch my attention! I have a mast off about a 4 to 5k lb lift that I want to get set up to use with my tractor or dozer, the tractor would certainly need load carrying wheels on the mast to prevent wheelies or broken parts. Could you tell me what you know about the wheels on the bottom of the mast? Thank you
    Eric

Thanks

Imabass's Tools
    The forklift is the mast from a little joe (walkie style forklift). They were already mounted on the mast. They have a spindle much like you would have on a trailer axle and a solid wheel. I just removed the mast and welded up a 3 point hookup. My 3 point will lift 2000# and that forklift was rated at 2000#. It is the most used attachment to my tractor.

http://www.homemadetools.net/forum/t...1362#post93578

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Why buy it if you can build it.

Thread Information