Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Homemade A Metal Vise With New Design And Quick Clamp

Supporting Member Kwandotechnic's Avatar
    Thanks

Kwandotechnic's Tools

Homemade A Metal Vise With New Design And Quick Clamp

Dear you all,
    Today I would like to introduce how to make a vise with new design and add on fast open and close function.
    It will help you easy to operation in workshop.
    In this video, I used TIG welder as: http://bit.ly/30T55h0
    I hope you feel interested in my video.
    Please like, share and subscribe to watch more new videos!
    Thank you so much!
    Kwando.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kwandotechnic For This Useful Post:

bobs409 (Mar 4, 2020), Jon (Mar 5, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks Kwandotechnic! We've added your Bench Vise to our Vises category,
    as well as to your builder page: Kwandotechnic's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    VERY, VERY NICE. I JUST bought one At $139.00 & not as nice (CAST IRON) When I find some time I will upgrade To a better one I make. Only I will have a
    sliding mount on each side using a die diamond burr for the channel . Thanks You're gifted & in only a few minutes (HA HA!) AL

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hilerioal@outlook.com For This Useful Post:

Kwandotechnic (Mar 5, 2020)

Thanks
    OH, OH,OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH OH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH,!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (channeling sam kinison),dude what is the deal with using a block of wood ??????????? ,is this a tradition in other parts of the world ????, did your dad do it this way ??? i mean really this is the year 2020, not 1820 !!!!! even back in the 1920's no one in a machine shop in the USA would dare use a block of wood to drill a hole !!! they would be fired on the spot!!! u take a precision machine tool and use a block of wood ??!!!! dude if you need a drill press table with larger holes, then make one ...but i am willing to bet their IS a center hole in your drill press table that can take the drills you used,,use it ,,its there for a reason...and the next time u need to make say 3 holes in several plates that need to line up precisely, ,stack them on top of each other,clamp together, tack weld , drill and then grind off tack welds.more accurate and faster too...good luck..
    Last edited by madokie; Mar 4, 2020 at 11:13 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to madokie For This Useful Post:

Kwandotechnic (Mar 5, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    by your reply it is obviously you have misunderstood my idea. Some people (yourself) cannot accept others imaginations on an improvement. How dare I give
    my opinion on a more versatile design on one of many items I have completed. AS for the block of wood where did that come from? Having limited writing space
    I have not detailed my design. By your sarcastic reply" WHY BOTHER" you after all are perfect. I hope you lighten up. yours truly MC GIVER

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hilerioal@outlook.com For This Useful Post:

thehomeengineer (Mar 5, 2020)

Supporting Member thehomeengineer's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,070 Times in 407 Posts

thehomeengineer's Tools
    Hi
    okay I will bite!
    What is the problem with using a piece of wood. I bet he hasn’t got any unwanted drill marks in his table. I often use wood when using sheet metal drills as you need a backing material for the outer edge of the drill. I will post a video in another post on sheet metal drilling.

I like the quick release nut and I have been racking my brains how I can use this on my 6x4 saw, but still be able to angle the jaw. I may not necessarily make the vice but I like seeing what people are making and you never know what you can learn and adapt to suit your needs. I have been an mechanical craftsman for 40 years and every day is a school day. Keep up the good work and videos.
    The Home Engineer

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. All I was trying to explain is on the vise sides mounting, Instead of just 4 mounting holes I would prefer 4 longated slots to mount giving me an optional adjustment . if you look at some vises they are produced as another means depending on your preference. NOW I hope you understand my point.
    Good Luck AL

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information