Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Homemade mini dumper https://youtu.be/tvsxwDl5HPo

Supporting Member warsztatOdZera's Avatar
    Thanks

warsztatOdZera's Tools

Homemade mini dumper https://youtu.be/tvsxwDl5HPo

I used the materials I had in the workshop to build the wheelbarrow. I bought a used hydrostatic gearbox and a motor, the steering axle is removed from a damaged wheelchair. The transmission comes from lawn
    mower tractor, and in my opinion it is the best base for building such a vehicle, it does not need a clutch, has a differential and a brake, everything results in much simpler construction. The engine also comes from a smaller mower only, it is a model honda gxv 140, it is sufficient to drive wheelbarrows, it does not lack power in different conditions. The construction was not without the problems and mistakes I made. The biggest mistake was the permanent welding of the steering axle, which made it completely impossible to drive on uneven terrain, every hole into which the rear wheel fell caused the front wheel to break away from the ground, because the box has a differential wheelbarrow stopped driving, I corrected the mistake by screwing the steering axle to the rear wheel hub from the Ford mondeo as you can see in the video. He's satisfied with the final result, but he's still not satisfied because I didn't make the automatic subversion that I had planned. used the materials I had in the workshop to build the wheelbarrow. I bought a used hydrostatic gearbox and a motor, the steering axle is removed from a damaged wheelchair. The transmission comes from lawn
    mower tractor, and in my opinion it is the best base for building such a vehicle, it does not need a clutch, has a differential and a brake, everything results in much simpler construction. The engine also comes from a smaller mower only, it is a model honda gxv 140, it is sufficient to drive wheelbarrows, it does not lack power in different conditions. The construction was not without the problems and mistakes I made. The biggest mistake was the permanent welding of the steering axle, which made it completely impossible to drive on uneven terrain, every hole into which the rear wheel fell caused the front wheel to break away from the ground, because the box has a differential wheelbarrow stopped driving, I corrected the mistake by screwing the steering axle to the rear wheel hub from the Ford mondeo as you can see in the video. He's satisfied with the final result, but he's still not satisfied because I didn't make the automatic subversion that I had planned.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Last edited by warsztatOdZera; May 28, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to warsztatOdZera For This Useful Post:

bearjeff72 (May 29, 2020), clydeman (May 28, 2020), DIYer (May 29, 2020), dubbby (May 28, 2020), emu roo (Jan 18, 2023), IAMSatisfied (May 31, 2020), Jon (May 28, 2020), odd one (May 30, 2020), Toolmaker51 (May 31, 2020), Tuomas (Jun 11, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks warsztatOdZera! We've added your Mini Dumper to our Farm and Garden category,
    as well as to your builder page: warsztatOdZera's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Great Job! Now i know what I am going to use my old Craftsman 4 wheel steering mower for...Thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tinner For This Useful Post:

warsztatOdZera (May 29, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 507 Posts

Tuomas's Tools
    Great build! Liked the video too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuomas For This Useful Post:

warsztatOdZera (Jun 15, 2020)

Supporting Member
    Thanks

wizard69's Tools
    That was a great video and a most interesting build.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wizard69 For This Useful Post:

warsztatOdZera (Jun 15, 2020)

Thread Information