Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Homemade rotary hammer meat mallet - video

Thanks
    Greyhoundollie,

They’re ****en awesome pans.
    Invented by a very skilled engineer who understands metallurgy as well. They’re thinner and lighter than a cast iron pan, but distribute heat just as well, if not better. Just get one, you won’t regret it. .

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    They both look like steel to me.
    I have so many actual cast iron skillets that if I were to melt them all down I could probably have enough pig iron to cast a v8 engine block
    Make sure you post the process.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1966 View Post
    Make sure you post the process.
    Don't worry I'll never melt down my cast iron pots pans & skillets at least 2 or 3 get used daily
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

greenie's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhoundollie View Post
    What makes Australian iron different from American cast iron?

This is from Amazon

SolidTechnics AUS-ION 10.2-inch Skillet by Solidteknics
    AUS-ION Si126s Skillet with Satin Finish 100% Made in Sydney, 3mm Australian Iron,
    Professional Grade Cookware, 10.2-Inch

$129.90 + FREE Shipping

In the end I am willing to bet they are BOTH actually steel, if you bought both of them today.
    As to professional grade, I have seen quiet a few restaurant kitchens. Seems like it isn't uncommon to see a few "CAST IRON" skillets there.

This one at Amazon says made in USA

SOLIDTEKNICS US-ION 10-inch Wrought Iron Skillet –1/8-inch Seamless Cookware, Raw Finish, Made in the USA
    4.5 out of 5 stars 17
    $89.00 on Amazon Prime

Just saying

Greyhoundollie,

You seem to be totally missing the point with the higher priced one.

If you live in Australia and you buy anything from a seller in Australia, then you are going to have to pay this hidden cash grab/tax on it.
    The extra Australian tax is what EVERY large company, adds to any item just because they can and your silly enough to buy it.
    The idea is, if you live in Australia, then your ripe for plucking any extra dollars from your hip pocket, that can be removed without you knowing about it.
    It does not matter what you buy in Australia, as ALL items for sale in Australia have had this hidden cash grab/tax added, so you WILL loose money.
    Don't believe me, then start to compare prices on anything that you can buy from Amazon Australia, with Amazon America's prices.

This extra hidden cash grab/tax has been around for decades and just adds to the bottom line of any seller. :-)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Don't worry I'll never melt down my cast iron pots pans & skillets at least 2 or 3 get used daily
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Greyhoundollie,

You seem to be totally missing the point with the higher priced one.

If you live in Australia and you buy anything from a seller in Australia, then you are going to have to pay this hidden cash grab/tax on it.
    The extra Australian tax is what EVERY large company, adds to any item just because they can and your silly enough to buy it.
    The idea is, if you live in Australia, then your ripe for plucking any extra dollars from your hip pocket, that can be removed without you knowing about it.
    It does not matter what you buy in Australia, as ALL items for sale in Australia have had this hidden cash grab/tax added, so you WILL loose money.
    Don't believe me, then start to compare prices on anything that you can buy from Amazon Australia, with Amazon America's prices.

This extra hidden cash grab/tax has been around for decades and just adds to the bottom line of any seller. :-)
    Greenie, the “extra hidden tax” you speak about is not hidden, nor is it extra. It’s called a Goods and Services Tax, or GST. It does not apply to primary products and functions as a Value Added Tax. It’s only 10% and is built into the price of items produced in Australia and is only added to limited imported items.

Thanks

greenie's Tools
    Ahh, you are missing the point totally, that extra Aussie tax is the thieving a---holes who are the wholesalers,( aka - middlemen who need to get rich overnight) they add on 100 to 150 percent of the price that they buy the item for.

It is because they can and do add on such huge mark-ups and get away with it.

Why is it so dear to buy an item that's made in China and sells in America for a reasonable amount of dollars, then that same item sold in Australia is nearly twice the bloody price ?

Have a look at these two items below and tell me why the Aussie one is SO much dearer, can't be shipping, as Aust is much closer to Asia than America.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0618-550W-M...QAAOSw4OFeFBcM

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-X12-Mi...wAAOSwcDBeE5Qx

Now if you haven't noticed huge mark-up differences like those two, then perhaps you need to visit Speck Savers.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    Ahh, you are missing the point totally, that extra Aussie tax is the thieving a---holes who are the wholesalers,( aka - middlemen who need to get rich overnight) they add on 100 to 150 percent of the price that they buy the item for.

It is because they can and do add on such huge mark-ups and get away with it.

Why is it so dear to buy an item that's made in China and sells in America for a reasonable amount of dollars, then that same item sold in Australia is nearly twice the bloody price ?

Have a look at these two items below and tell me why the Aussie one is SO much dearer, can't be shipping, as Aust is much closer to Asia than America.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0618-550W-M...QAAOSw4OFeFBcM

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7-X12-Mi...wAAOSwcDBeE5Qx

Now if you haven't noticed huge mark-up differences like those two, then perhaps you need to visit Speck Savers.

If you go to Aliexpress.com and search for 0618 550W Mini Metal Lathe

VEVOR Love happy shopping Store Store
    Sells this item to the USA shipped from china for a total price of US $498.90 ....... US $336.06 for the item + US $162.84 shipping to USA.

Have you tried shopping direct with Aliexpress?
    I do not know if there is any additional import tariffs on this item at the USA when it arrives.

You could check to see if there are any Aussie tarifs on this item when shipped direct to you down under.

I dont know if Australia lets you purchase from Aliexpress. They may not allow this in order to keep your Australian manufacturers in business. many countries do this including mine USA. But I can order direct from Aliexpress.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information