Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hospital cleaning robot - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,248 Times in 9,724 Posts

Hospital cleaning robot - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

dubbby (Apr 24, 2020), nova_robotics (Apr 25, 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I'm wondering how long before the power effiecency of the UVC LEDS and dollar cost averaging will surpass the High or low pressure mercury floresant tubes

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

Karl_H's Tools
    This has to be in addition to a good old fashion scrub down. The light has to hit the "bugs" to zap them, but if the "bug" is under a glob of snot, or some other nastiness, the light won't do much good.

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    FrankS, it might be awhile. The current market offers UV LEDs down to around 350nm. The ones in use in the video clip run between 230 & 250nm, which is needed to kill pathogens.

Bob47907.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bob47907 View Post
    FrankS, it might be awhile. The current market offers UV LEDs down to around 350nm. The ones in use in the video clip run between 230 & 250nm, which is needed to kill pathogens.

Bob47907.
    yes and actually some pathogens could require the wave length to be even shorter than that.
    And Karl_H is correct just passing the UV robot around the room is no where near to the intensity level that the Star Trek beryllium scan on the Enterprise where it kills any and all living organisms with its laser like curtain as it passes over the surfaces.
    I am hoping to construct a UV cylindrical reactor using LEDs for my water storage system which will be capable of flow rates in the several gallons per minute range while allowing a continuous recirculation between a pair of 300 gallon containers as part of a pre treatment process before the water is sent to a 1000 gallon reservoir

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 609 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I am hoping to construct a UV cylindrical reactor using LEDs for my water storage system which will be capable of flow rates in the several gallons per minute range while allowing a continuous recirculation between a pair of 300 gallon containers as part of a pre treatment process before the water is sent to a 1000 gallon reservoir
    You can just buy those off the shelf. No need to fabricate anything. They're fairly economical, too.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_robotics View Post
    You can just buy those off the shelf. No need to fabricate anything. They're fairly economical, too.
    Yep just a little over a grand for one with 1 1/2" NPT 5.68in. diameter and 49.5in. ling 65 watts 120v 20 gal. per minute.
    What I'm looking of would be on the order of 1 1/2" NPT what ever diameter around 8 to 12" long 18 to 20 watts and 12 volt 2 to 5 GPM. Since the exposure range of the LEDS are in the 3.5 to 4 mm distances it wouldn't bother me to construct a cylinder with spiral vanes inside so the water flowing through would take on a cyclonic swirling movement as it flowed through the cylinder with the LEDS positioned around the perimeter of the spiral. this way the reactor could be incorporated in the recirculation system without the need for a separate UV dedicated recirculation system

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information