Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Hospital UV sanitizer - photo

Thanks

NeiljohnUK's Tools
    Sun-tan in seconds, sun-burn shortly after, we had a welder who would strip to his boxers and weld just before going on holiday to start his summer tan, not so clever in the longer term as it turned out... We have similar high output UV lamps in our bio-hazardous fume hoods, and full enclosure front panels for using them, stopped a manager taking a redundant one home to use in his kitchen (whilst occupied) as his wife is immune suppressed and frightened of bacteria. Hospital UV sanitizer - photo-10409028_983706181650393_4058108091024933092_n.jpg

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by NeiljohnUK View Post
    Sun-tan in seconds, sun-burn shortly after, we had a welder who would strip to his boxers and weld just before going on holiday to start his summer tan, not so clever in the longer term as it turned out... We have similar high output UV lamps in our bio-hazardous fume hoods, and full enclosure front panels for using them, stopped a manager taking a redundant one home to use in his kitchen (whilst occupied) as his wife is immune suppressed and frightened of bacteria
    You may have saved her from much more than a sunburn & blindness. My wife has Lupus, and one of the effects is that UV makes her sicker. My Aunt Donna was one of the folks who helped the doctors figure that out, as she was diagnosed with it in the 60's or 70's. They had her walking outside in the Southern California sun for an hour each day, and getting sicker and sicker. I doubt that she's still alive, but last I heard, she couldn't go outside.

Also, note that fluorescent lighting also emits UV. I filled our house with fluorescent lights when they first came out, to save on power bills. Bad move.

Bill

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information