Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hydraulic sheetmetal bender

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,892 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    First I'll take Manhattan then I'll take Berlin
    Leonard Cohen Fan?
    Before I leave to work this morning I started with this on pillow blocks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=adju...utf-8&oe=utf-8

The bearing is concentric with housing. Inner of bearing has eccentric bore. Went in looking for ''Dodge'' ''Browning'' and ''Martin'' companies ....taper lock hubs, bearings, that kind of stuff.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    I agree
    Use the power hydraulic pump readily available in the excavator a secondary control valve would be enough to turn it into a one-man operation. The the thumb itself has a continuous flow so that would make it possible to put the secondary control valve at the hands of the operator at ground level. I'll try to get a picture of the bending force of my first idea using the bucket over the blade for your enjoyment soon. Thank you very much

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Here is one such valve of course there are many brabds offering the same or very similar unit
    Flow-control valves | Products content from Hydraulics & Pneumatics

One key factor I have discussed many times over the years with experienced and student engineers alike, Heat is an enemy to a hydraulic system.
    With each and every diversion of flow the potential for heat generation will be there. one way to reduce the flow restriction is to slightly oversize any additional valving which is installed in an existing system. If one takes a close look at the flow data of the valving on a machine they might find that the main valves were designed to handle 2 times to 4 times the actual GPM of the pump therefore if for instance the system is 30 GPM with 60 GPM valves these were designed factored in due to the possibility of 1 a higher flow replacement pump may someday be installed or 2 they were installed in an effort to reduce flow restriction or 3 that size happened to be more common and better suited for the application. If the size is 4 times over the flow size requirements it's anybodies guess as to why it was designed this way.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Wow Frank that's incredible information you offer.
    I'm not sure of the flow rate and pressure on this dawoo 140 buy I have printed some of the maintenance manual from on line so I'll look over them.I am building two homes and only have limited time.
    Thank you very much.
    I never expected this much from a forum.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Here is the max flow of your machine at the pumps there are two main pumps the hydraulics of the excavator are impressive with 4694 PSI norm & 4978 PSI boost @ 30.12 GPM each. What this means is when traveling the right and left drive motors each can get up to that amount. But when operating the machine almost all brands combine the flow of both pumps for some of the functions and utilize the flow of one or the other for the rest of the functions.
    Such as boom , stick, curl and in some machines the rotation as well will have 60 GPM . the blade any other Auxiliary like the thumb will have 30 GPM
    Machines with selective computer control will have an auxiliary option for a hydraulic hammer which wold be both pumps.
    I am not absolutely sure about how the Daewoo brand does theirs I was basing my information from my very long time ago caterpillar Kamotsu and John Deere experience That with the fact that I am contently working on a Ford 755 backhoe which is on a lifetime loan to me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

Paul Jones (Aug 13, 2016)

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    This thread really should have been started in a different forum or moved if possible to get better exposure
    I know there are some who will have more experience with this than I have

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information