Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Inexpensive welder and grinder stand combo

Supporting Member
    Thanks

ibdilbert's Tools

Inexpensive welder and grinder stand combo

Having limited space, I am always trying to find ways to organize my tools. A few weeks ago I found myself dragging the welder to the middle of the floor and decided I needed to put it on wheels. Here is what I came up with!

The cost was cheap, the handcart was a harbor freight special, the rest was mostly scrap. So far, I like it, not sure what I would change given the chance to make another.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks

Al8236's Tools
    It's a neat idea, And not to rain on your parade but there are a couple of issues I could see with this setup.
    1: It looks to me that if you do any heavy grinding you're going to be chasing the grinder around having it on wheels.
    2: I'm not sure I would want all that grinding dust shooting down onto an electrical component, any plans to make a cover for the welder?

2000 Tool Plans
    From the time you're born till' you ride in a hearse, there's nothing so bad it couldn't be worse!

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks ibdilbert! We've added your Combination Grinder and Welder Stand to our Dollies and Stands category,
    as well as to your builder page: ibdilbert's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

Supporting Member
    Thanks

ibdilbert's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Al8236 View Post
    It's a neat idea, And not to rain on your parade but there are a couple of issues I could see with this setup.
    1: It looks to me that if you do any heavy grinding you're going to be chasing the grinder around having it on wheels.
    2: I'm not sure I would want all that grinding dust shooting down onto an electrical component, any plans to make a cover for the welder?
    I actually had the exact same thoughts when building it. The welder is heavy enough that it doesn't move when using the grinder, but I also have been leaving it up against the wall. As for the grinding dust, it is what it is, I have a small work place, so I am dealing with it best I can.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information