Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Japanese underground parking garage - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,688 Times in 9,863 Posts

Japanese underground parking garage - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Altair For This Useful Post:

durrelltn (May 11, 2022), nova_robotics (May 11, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,142 Times in 615 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    That's pretty neat. Looks like there are multiple stalls arranged in a circle, and multiple levels. There could be a dozen unreliable cars down there.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

BuffaloJohn's Tools
    An underground Round House...

I have seen pictures of a number of variations on the theme - parking lots of cars in a small space - with different mechanical means to retrieve a car. This one is different...

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    I used to build valet parking structures and machines, some make sense many don't. The more automated and complex the design the longer it takes to retrieve a customer's vehicle. Huge parking structures create a bottle neck when dropping off or retrieving. The ability to park or take away multiple vehicles at the same time is usually limited to a max capacity of a few tens of vehicles with multiple entrances and exits. it is not a lot different with multi leveled parking garages. OH we are going to build a 10 level parking garage next to our high rise so the tenants will only have to leave their apartments and walk down the hall to find their car on the same floor as they live. All well and good on paper until 7:30 in the morning when there are 6 cars from 10 levels of an apartment complex all trying to exit onto a street at the same time from a single lane. Or you have a fully automated garage where you just exit your vehicle and it gets whisked away to never-never land, the next morning you and 50 others need your cars now the machines can only bring 1 or 2 at a time. Yeah great ideas, Why not tell everyone to take the bus instead. City dwellers living in high rise apartments don't need cars in the first place. Office workers commuting would be better off parking at a train station and taking the train Freeing up parking spaces for those who have no choice but to travel to the cities to conduct business randomly.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thread Information