Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just Enough Room Island - photos

Thanks
    Thanked 8,789 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by bob_3000 View Post
    That whole ban gas stoves issue is not your "current administration" it is related to an ages old report from the independent body the U.S. Product Safety Commission that points out (and has so for decades) there are health hazards (undisputable when you burn natural gas in an enclosed environment and don't have a hood fan or don't use it) that is a fact, also a fact is that your "current administration" has no intention of banning the appliances it is right wing media and GOP hype.

Your country is so polarized that folks read headlines not the whole story and go off half cocked without looking into the facts.
    This is one of those subjects that can escalate into outright feuds, Everyone knows what needs to be done with both parties but no one seems willing to step up and slip a burdizzo around the parts that need removing right above the shoulders on most of them. it is also not a topic that needs to be delved in here as much as I am guilty as often being the instigator in topic straying

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    it is also not a topic that needs to be delved in here as much as I am guilty as often being the instigator in topic straying
    The point remains...a gas stove in that leaky little cottage isn't going to hurt anyone...with it's fumes at least.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    The point remains...a gas stove in that leaky little cottage isn't going to hurt anyone...with it's fumes at least.
    The only way it is ever going to hurt anyone is to turn on the valves and not allow the burners to light.
    That whole asthma in children thing I really have to question the validity of any if there is any science behind a household appliance being the culprit. Not forcing or even letting kids go outside to play keeping them cooped up in some apartment or house with all of the windows and doors closed tight for most of the time no live plants in the home to replenish and freshen the air neither the father or the mother ever being home to clean the dust out of the house at least twice a year a house needs every surface or everything in it washed not just dusted with a feather duster, more often if there are children living there who may be highly susceptible to child hood asthma, but the most important thing might just be turn those carpet crawlers into mud puddle players

Thanks
    The only way it is ever going to hurt anyone is to turn on the valves and not allow the burners to light.
    I qualified with "with the fumes at least".

That whole asthma in children thing

Jeepers, enjoy that rabbit hole, you are on your own.

Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Thanks
    It appears the media has succeeded again. A ban was merely mentioned as one response to a report that hasn't even been fully investigated yet. The words ban on gas appliances was picked up as fact and the proceeding movement toward one. There wasn't even time to get half way to half-cocked before it became a national crisis... Sad.
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosiersmoker View Post
    It appears the media has succeeded again. A ban was merely mentioned as one response to a report that hasn't even been fully investigated yet. The words ban on gas appliances was picked up as fact and the proceeding movement toward one. There wasn't even time to get half way to half-cocked before it became a national crisis... Sad.
    Never let a crisis go to waste even the invented ones they are used almost exclusively to sway the minds of the less informed to create a panic and as a means of directing people's attention away from more important matters looming in the wings, the powers that be do not want to be in the public's eye.
    Last edited by Frank S; Jan 13, 2023 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks
    Don't tell the morons in the current administration about the propane or natural gas incineration toilets or they will want to try and ban them,
    Never let a crisis go to waste even the invented ones
    You do realize that you are the only one that went completely off topic and into a rant about the Democratic government...right?

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    You do realize that you are the only one that went completely off topic and into a rant about the Democratic government...right?
    yeah I know one of my biggest downfalls is my total distrust in any form of government no matter the party or the structure in every country

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information