Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Large tire mold - GIF

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,706 Times in 9,871 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,792 Times in 11,326 Posts

2000 Tool Plans

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

nova_robotics (May 29, 2021)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,785 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    What do you do when your monster truck already has the largest tires possible on it/ make it a double dully of course
    hose tires were designed and made for the Letourneau land train which was used in the frozen North to transport cargo where nothing else could go
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    I work for a tire company. There are a lot of processes that go into making a tire.

In that short video, you see them lifting the tire out of the two piece mold. The top half of the mold is in the foreground, to the right. In the middle of that tire is a very large air bladder that inflates and pushes the green tire (or unmolded tire) into the depths of the mold in all directions. There's a lot to the molding process itself that isn't shown here.

I will tell you this, though, you don't ever want to be around when one of those air bladders decides to pop. The bladders we use in our facility aren't even that large, but on the occasion that one decides to end its useful life, it is a very brief but extremely loud exit. And, the percussion from the blast can send things flying.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlochala For This Useful Post:

Frank S (May 30, 2021), nova_robotics (May 29, 2021)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 617 Posts

nova_robotics's Tools
    The axles and ball joints on that red truck just collapse immediately. Crazy.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mlochala View Post
    I work for a tire company. There are a lot of processes that go into making a tire.

In that short video, you see them lifting the tire out of the two piece mold. The top half of the mold is in the foreground, to the right. In the middle of that tire is a very large air bladder that inflates and pushes the green tire (or unmolded tire) into the depths of the mold in all directions. There's a lot to the molding process itself that isn't shown here.

I will tell you this, though, you don't ever want to be around when one of those air bladders decides to pop. The bladders we use in our facility aren't even that large, but on the occasion that one decides to end its useful life, it is a very brief but extremely loud exit. And, the percussion from the blast can send things flying.
    Yep kind of like the off color joke I heard when visiting the Pirelli tire works at the plant located in Shandong province China.
    the Italian Engineer there said to one of his Chinese counterparts these tires have to exceed all specifications because we don't want anyone to be able to say dago dago dago then dago wap wap wap The joke was totally lost on the Chinese man but I cracked up hearing MR Antonio tell it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mlochala (May 31, 2021)

Thanks

mlochala's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Yep kind of like the off color joke I heard when visiting the Pirelli tire works at the plant located in Shandong province China.
    the Italian Engineer there said to one of his Chinese counterparts these tires have to exceed all specifications because we don't want anyone to be able to say dago dago dago then dago wap wap wap The joke was totally lost on the Chinese man but I cracked up hearing MR Antonio tell it
    That's hilarious! Of course, in today's "WOKE" world, that could get a person fired, if not altogether crucified.

Thanks

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mlochala View Post
    That's hilarious! Of course, in today's "WOKE" world, that could get a person fired, if not altogether crucified.
    the way the so called wokes' are now days, I have been thinking of applying for a patent based on injectable sense of humor tablets, grains per dose starting at 40 with an upper limit in the kiloton range

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

mlochala (Jun 2, 2021)

Thread Information