Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Lathe accident (please activate subtitles)

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by dbat74 View Post
    Sounds like a good project Wm. But long. Keep after it and U will love the outcome.
    I used a shaper and lathe in my high school senior year machine shop class, and wanted one of each. Took me abut 35 years or so to get the first lathe, and a few more to get the shaper. I'm having fun playing with it, and will one of these days be having fun using it. I'm taking another class in machining, but they don't teach shapers anymore. Not too many years after my 1st class, they fell out of favor.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    I've been a machinist all my working life and have operated shapers the size of a pick up truck and horizontal boring mills that ran on tracks 5 ft down in a pit, but
    never a little one like that. Almost wish I had one, but I'm into wood turning and enjoying that.

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

Floradawg's Tools
    When I was studying machine tool technology they had a sign on the wall in the shop stating that. Needless to say it made an impression on me.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.

Thanks

WmRMeyers's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by dbat74 View Post
    I've been a machinist all my working life and have operated shapers the size of a pick up truck and horizontal boring mills that ran on tracks 5 ft down in a pit, but
    never a little one like that. Almost wish I had one, but I'm into wood turning and enjoying that.
    It took decades to get my first machine. Now I'm having a bit of trouble shoehorning them into the space I have for a workshop. As far as wood goes, I'm more a wood butcher. For some reason I find metal more forgiving. Could be an aspect of the attention deficit disorder.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information