By the way, I didn't think I would show that, there are so much information available about that, but as I was to disassemble it, I took some pictures, so here they are, for the record.
My lathe is a 10x30 inch, so 250mm x 750 mm.
There is really no much room to install the scale, and I had to grind a channel through the back slide of the carriage to make room to the wire to go out on the rear side.
I made a thick aluminum plate to screw the scale on, and I milled some recess for the gib adjustment set screws to fit into.
And eventually, the cap was made using the aluminum angled profile originally provided with the glass scale, but I had to cut it along its length in order to reduce its size to the minimum.