Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Latticed hedge fence - photo

Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,837 Times in 11,335 Posts

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

Andyt (Nov 24, 2019), baja (Nov 24, 2019), greyhoundollie (Nov 23, 2019), hansgoudzwaard (Nov 27, 2019), Seedtick (Nov 23, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Don't you know it took a gardener a long time to force the hedge to grow in the way it did making sure each stalk grew at just the correct angle and binding them together to force fused growth.
    there used to be a housing addition in San Antonio where some of the home owners were trying to create semi solid privacy fences by planting trees too close together

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

greyhoundollie (Nov 23, 2019)

Thanks

MeJasonT's Tools
    I had to look twice at this photo - convinced its a property just down the road from us
    It has matured since google last updated its maps, the palm tree in the background gave it away that it wasn't But the crisscross hedge on a junction looking very similar sparked a neuron in my head to assimilate. The image posted above is very lush and green which brings to mind only two geographic locations in the world in which i have travelled UK or New Zealand. You get an image in your mind as to what type of foliage, grasses and trees are in certain regions/countries. Ie alps = big grey jagged rocks norway not dissimilar but not as green, Nervada - sand Africa sand Egypt sand you get the idea. Yes upstate in the Catskills its very green compared to texas for example but the greenery is nowhere near as acid coloured as the green in northern England/lake district. once over the border into scotland the environment changes again to being very harsh with course grasses and heather. so basically why i thing the greenery in the picture posted above drew my attention to the UK - i would love to know where its taken from.

Brampton UK
    CA8 2EY
    54.950333, -2.713070

Latticed hedge fence - photo-fedge.jpg
    Citizen of the "New democratic" Republic of Britain, liberated from the EuroNation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,788 Times in 4,207 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by MeJasonT View Post
    I had to look twice at this photo - convinced its a property just down the road from us
    It has matured since google last updated its maps, the palm tree in the background gave it away that it wasn't But the crisscross hedge on a junction looking very similar sparked a neuron in my head to assimilate. The image posted above is very lush and green which brings to mind only two geographic locations in the world in which i have travelled UK or New Zealand. You get an image in your mind as to what type of foliage, grasses and trees are in certain regions/countries. Ie alps = big grey jagged rocks norway not dissimilar but not as green, Nervada - sand Africa sand Egypt sand you get the idea. Yes upstate in the Catskills its very green compared to texas for example but the greenery is nowhere near as acid coloured as the green in northern England/lake district. once over the border into scotland the environment changes again to being very harsh with course grasses and heather. so basically why i thing the greenery in the picture posted above drew my attention to the UK - i would love to know where its taken from.

Brampton UK
    CA8 2EY
    54.950333, -2.713070

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fedge.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	384.8 KB 
ID:	32223
    I know what you mean about not all greenery has the same hue in different areas
    The water has as much to do with it as the soils the climatic regions elevations and so forth.
    For instance I know where 2 neighbors across the street from one another who have the same gardener their sod was installed by the same company their lawns are identical in every way possible with one exception on one lawn the water is pumped directly from the lake on which the home owners property is located the neighbor has to use the city water from that lake but after it is filtered and chemically treated to make it safe to drink. Try as they might their gardener can never make the city watered lawn appear with as lush deep green hue as he does with the lake watered lawn the difference in the 2 lawn is noticeable even to an un trained eye
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

MeJasonT (Nov 24, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Yep, many years of intention can lead to success. I suspect as the saplings were growing, the gardener scalped a bit of the side bark on each pair and taped the limbs together, over time causing a union. What terrific and admirable work. Science and art together:STEAM

Supporting Member Paul Alciatore's Avatar
    Thanks

Paul Alciatore's Tools
    That gardener can do my front lawn any ole time.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Paul A.

Thread Information