Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The life of a bolt in Formula racing - video

Thanks
    Thanked 2,643 Times in 708 Posts

tonyfoale's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    Personally I tend to be more of a generalist, Jack-of-All-Trades. Fortunately my name is Jerry so anything I build is Jerry-rigged.
    I am not sure of the US terminology but on this side of the water it would be Jerry-built or Jury-rigged.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    If it wasn't for people spending their career researching the better bolt, oil, whatever, then we wouldn't have the things we now have.

Personally I tend to be more of a generalist, Jack-of-All-Trades. Fortunately my name is Jerry so anything I build is Jerry-rigged.
    do you have a sign on the bathroom door..."jerry can"

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by marksbug View Post
    do you have a sign on the bathroom door..."jerry can"
    No but that's a good one. Currently some of the construction team are out sick so neither of the bathrooms is installed yet. We're just setting up basics on the first floor so when we get there we'll have a place to live. My wife and I will take over a lot of the interior "decorating" like paint, floors, etc.

Appliance installation was held off until all the interior walls got their multi layers and "nano wallpaper" (texturing and reinforcing). Now that's done our 'fridge, freezer, kitchen stove will come out of hiding and get hooked up as well as our bed being set up in the "kitchen office". The downstairs bathroom will be made functional (toilet, sink, shower) but we'll do the floor and painting later. The door will be a tarp until the floors are in, the door store guy said "no doors for you"...until we have floors to measure from.

We also have to do the epoxy floor coating for the machine shop. We looked into having a company do it, but they looked at the square meters and laughed. Not worth them showing up. They are busy with malls, stores, and the like.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information