Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Lubricating switches with paintball gun - GIF

Jon
    Jon is online now Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,781 Times in 11,320 Posts

Lubricating switches with paintball gun - GIF

Labeled as lubricating electrical switches with a paintball gun. Is this real? Specialty paintballs? Actually seems reasonable.

Previously:

How a paintbrush is made - GIF

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

baja (May 24, 2019), Rangi (Dec 14, 2020), Scotsman Hosie (May 24, 2019), Seedtick (May 23, 2019), Tule (May 25, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Finally a practical use for paintball guns other than to shoot the neighbor's with like my son-in-law did when their neighbor's had a drug induced pool party that got out of hand. My daughter had called the police to inform them that there was an obnoxiously raunchy drug filled pool party at their neighbors with most running around naked and going out to the front yard that way the Dispatcher said if you have a paint ball gun mark them for us. Which my son-in law did have so he had a blast for about 5 minutes before the police arrived I wished I could have been there to see the peoples faces as they were getting shot.

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank S For This Useful Post:

baja (May 24, 2019), Loose Ctrl (May 24, 2019), Rangi (Dec 14, 2020)

Thanks
    Actually if I remember correctly paintball started out as marker guns used by forestry workers to mark trees for cutting without leaving their truck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Unkle Fuzzy For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Jun 6, 2019)

JTG
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Indeed, the forestry service was the first to commission these back in the 1970s, and that's why the guns were (and still are) called 'markers'. They also found some use in ranching for marking cattle, but it wasn't until 1981 that people got around to shooting each other in an organized fashion, ultimately leading the the sport of paintball. Incidentally, it was a forester that won the first ever paintball game.

Here's a company that sells capsules filled with grease, oil, or pest-deterring essential oils, depending on the application.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JTG For This Useful Post:

baja (May 24, 2019), IAMSatisfied (May 24, 2019), Jon (May 23, 2019), KustomsbyKent (May 23, 2019), Scotsman Hosie (May 24, 2019), that_other_guy (Jun 1, 2019), Toolmaker51 (Jun 6, 2019), volodar (May 30, 2019)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    This reminds me of a method of lighting a fire on some sort of refinery stack with a flaming arrow. Brilliant thinking right there!

Thanks
    Years ago as a cop we did training searching an abandoned building with them. Of course there were the "elite" tactical cops who were hidden to shoot at you. I had a bit of an leg sticking around a corner and got shot i nthe thigh. Hurt like hell, but I shot the "bad guy" right in the "family jewels." He jumped about a foot off the ground and came right down on his face. I might have gotten "wounded," but I think that was a "kill!"

Thanks
    Thanked 8,784 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieL View Post
    Years ago as a cop we did training searching an abandoned building with them. Of course there were the "elite" tactical cops who were hidden to shoot at you. I had a bit of an leg sticking around a corner and got shot i nthe thigh. Hurt like hell, but I shot the "bad guy" right in the "family jewels." He jumped about a foot off the ground and came right down on his face. I might have gotten "wounded," but I think that was a "kill!"
    It could have qualified as a kill in a real life scenario depending on how high up in the groin and pelvic region the hit happened to be. but there are more than a few unfortunates who have lost theirs in combat from bouncing Bettys or in later wars the IEDs who survived or at least lived.
    I hope you painted one of the super elite who had an invincible attitude and constantly tried to prove it. You know the type those guys who will wear jack boots even when off duty, every unit has at least 1 who gives the rest of the officers a bad rep. in the public's eye
    Last edited by Frank S; May 24, 2019 at 09:08 AM.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    It could have qualified as a kill in a real life scenario depending on how high up in the groin and pelvic region the hit happened to be. but there are more than a few unfortunates who have lost theirs in combat from bouncing Bettys or in later wars the IEDs who survived or at least lived.
    I hope you painted one of the super elite who had an invincible attitude and constantly tried to prove it. You know the type those guys who will wear jack boots even when off duty, every unit has at least 1 who gives the rest of the officers a bad rep. in the public's eye
    Yup. 1997. Combat Town, Camp Pendleton Marine Base. Got me a big ol' Recon Marine Gunnery Sargent with a rubber M16. And his brother with a Pringles can, down back of his shirt; but ice not chips, lol. I had a couple chips between my fingers though, looked innocent as h*ll. Walked nonchalantly behind him and SPLOOSH!
    Training is training. Pranks is pranks!
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnieL View Post
    OH so you were using it correctly and painting balls with it.....

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

14. The Following User Says Thank You to marksbug For This Useful Post:

Toolmaker51 (Sep 20, 2019)

Thread Information