Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Make a Homemade Desktop Art Easel (FREE PLANS)

Supporting Member Downeast Thunder's Avatar
    Thanks

Downeast Thunder's Tools

Make a Homemade Desktop Art Easel (FREE PLANS)

Make a Homemade Desktop Art Easel (FREE PLANS)-100_1224.jpg

This desktop easel is an essential tool for the amateur and professional artist alike!

Many artists are painters, using both; oil and acrylic paints with a preference for painting on canvas. This canvas may be stretched over a wooden frame, or perhaps stretched about a piece of hardboard. In either case, the painting must be held in a comfortable and convenient position over a relatively long-time period during the creation of the painting.

Artist easels help to accomplish this task and come in quite a variety of sizes & types. The larger floor type easels are common in most artists’ studios, and the smaller desktop types are typically seen in classrooms, and in home-based craft or hobby rooms. It the desktop type that is convenient for painting on the smaller canvas sizes.

This video shows you how to easily build your own desktop art easel. Free, easy to read plans are available in pdf format, so you can download and print them out on your own printer. I built mine from scrap materials I already had in my shop.

FREE PLANS: Go to the Downeast Thunder Creations web site and click on the “Projects” button on the menu bar. Then choose The “Arts & Crafts” category. Scroll down the page until you come this “Make a Homemade Desktop Art Easel” post, and you will find a series of hyperlinks for the drawings within the post. Clicking on each hyperlink will reveal the pdf for each drawing.

Here's the video:

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Downeast Thunder Creations
    http://www.downeastthunder.com
    Shoestring Shipyard
    http://www.shoestringshipyard.com
    Downeast Thunder Creations Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUU...pKFwXTYQ57ex3g

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Downeast Thunder For This Useful Post:

bobs409 (Mar 4, 2018)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks Downeast Thunder! We've added your Desktop Easel to our Miscellaneous category,
    as well as to your builder page: Downeast Thunder's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information