Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: MAKE A STRONG BENCH POWER SUPPLY FROM UPS TRANSFORMERS

Supporting Member
    Thanks

mariost's Tools

MAKE A STRONG BENCH POWER SUPPLY FROM UPS TRANSFORMERS

MAKE A STRONG BENCH POWER SUPPLY FROM UPS TRANSFORMERS
    An easy and cheap construction from old ups transformers.We can get 0-40 v and 0-20 Amps with manual control. I show the wiring of the ups transformer in my chanell (
    ). You can find the pwm controller (or something similar) very easy in the market.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f1.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f2.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f3.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f4.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f5.jpg  

MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f6.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f7.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f8.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f9.jpg   MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f10.jpg  

MAKE A STRONG  BENCH  POWER  SUPPLY  FROM  UPS  TRANSFORMERS-f11.jpg  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mariost For This Useful Post:

Jon (Sep 10, 2020), Rangi (Sep 10, 2020), rlm98253 (Sep 9, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,652 Posts

Thanks mariost! We've added your Benchtop Power Supply to our Power Supplies category,
    as well as to your builder page: mariost's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    how are you controlling the voltage? Seems that a PWM will alter duty cycle.... but not actually limit current or voltage. Am I missing something?

Supporting Member
    Thanks

mariost's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
    how are you controlling the voltage? Seems that a PWM will alter duty cycle.... but not actually limit current or voltage. Am I missing something?
    You are absolutely right my friend. This power supply is not stabilized. In Greek I explain this. To protect the devices, you start with zero current an voltage and then you stop when you approach the voltage that the device needs.I made this to can get enough current more than 10 Amps. For sensitive devices I have a stabilized power supply when I control from the beginning the max current and then I control the voltage to protect the device. Here the short circuit protection is simple using a fuse 3 A in the 230 voltage and another 15 Amps to the exit. (to protect the amperometer and to test the controller heating during the time).

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information