Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Make Your Own "Zero Setter"

Thanks

woodenworldenic's Tools

Make Your Own "Zero Setter"

Almost always when working with carpentry machines, you need a "zero" or reference point, in relation to which the processing is done by cutting, milling, scraping, etc. By "Zero point" we usually mean the position of the cutting tool in which its most protruding point is flush with the worktop.
    I came up with this idea of making this useful device while I working with my Premium Homemade Router Table.
    In addition to desktop routers, this tool can be used on table saws and other machines where the worktop is not made entirely of metal. It can also be used on metal worktops of machines, if there are electrically non-conductive parts, such as zero-clearance in table saws.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woodenworldenic For This Useful Post:

Christophe Mineau (Dec 6, 2020), DIYer (Dec 6, 2020), Home-PC (Dec 7, 2020), jcmsgret (Dec 7, 2020), Jon (Dec 9, 2020), Rocconet (Dec 7, 2020)

Content Editor
    Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 1,653 Posts

Thanks woodenworldenic! We've added your Zero Setting Tool to our Electrical category,
    as well as to your builder page: woodenworldenic's Homemade Tools. Your receipt:

2000 Tool Plans

Thread Information