Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: making a 3/8" female electrical spade connector

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by WmRMeyers View Post
    What I'm doing right now is sorting through boxes of stuff, in most cases very mixed stuff, and trying to get rid of the absolute garbage, and then put the good stuff with other similar good stuff. Tools with tools, parts with parts, etc. I guess I'm lucky in a way, as my whole yard is probably not a lot larger than your workshop. Though I'm pretty sure that, proportionally, I've got ten pounds of crap stuffed in a five pound bag...

I've got one old ratty pickup truck that is too expensive to run unless there is no choice, a new car that has already over 2200 miles on it in just a bit over 2 months, and somewhere out in the back yard there may still be a lawn edger that's gas powered, and might run. Maybe. Current lawn mower is a Ryobi 40V system, for which one of the batteries is dead, and the other getting rather weak, and a bunch of machine tools that need refurbished. And I'm having trouble keeping up with this. My stuff is weak, and that's all there is to it!

Bill
    For the past while, I have been working on my forklift replacing a few hoses, gathering and making parts and tools to get the brakes working. Something that can pick up and carry over 25,000 lbs really should have brakes, But I haven't had anything more than a hand lever parking brake on it in 30 years, my bad, but that is the way it was I either had no way to handle the huge tires or if I did I always had more pressing things to do.
    Well not I am thinking I may replace the ign switch as well while I am in the mood to work on it. When I bought the one for the Backhoe I bought 2 because I could get both of them with free shipping for less than 1 was going to cost with the shipping. So if I install the spare switch on the forklift I will need 2 more of these connectors. The question is, now that I know how simple they are to make do I make a couple more or buy them?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

IntheGroove's Tools
    I've had this bag of spade connectors for over 40 years. I bought them because I needed one for a old Volkswagen generator...
    making a 3/8" female electrical spade connector-img_2506.jpg

2000 Tool Plans

Thanks
    Thanked 8,787 Times in 4,206 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Guys who work with HVAC use the 3/8" connectors quite a lot.
    I imagine I will order a small bag of both male and female just to have around.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks
    I ran into that issue once in reverse...with a switch. No heavy duty current load, so I found a matched pair, Male, Female
    Er... HIM ,HER, it, they, whatever... and soldered one of em to the terminal the other to the wire.
    and this way, it is reversible (can be easily undone) Unlike some other changes....

Don't think I'd want to do that with anything that carries a big load though...
    Last edited by toolkribkeeper; Jun 24, 2022 at 04:23 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to toolkribkeeper For This Useful Post:

mr mikey (Jun 24, 2022)

Supporting Member
    Thanks
    Impressive! I use those a lot and will keep that in mind!

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information