Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Medical supplies arrive in NY

Thanks

jdurand's Tools

Medical supplies arrive in NY

I liked how the fork lift couldn't get up the ramp without a running start.

At the speed they were moving boxes, it will be Orthodox Christmas before they get the plane unloaded.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Even running the video at 2x dead fly's move faster than those guys.
    That first forklift driver acted like he was afraid of driving

2000 Tool Plans
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    I don't think I've seen a crew work that slow unless they'd all gone home already.

Maybe they heard the boxes were full of tribbles.

Guys, that plane was loaded, took off and flew 8000 km overnight. The least you could do is pretend to be working.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,766 Times in 4,195 Posts

Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by jdurand View Post
    I don't think I've seen a crew work that slow unless they'd all gone home already.

Maybe they heard the boxes were full of tribbles.

Guys, that plane was loaded, took off and flew 8000 km overnight. The least you could do is pretend to be working.
    jdurand; I think part of the reason why there was so much time elapsed before the crews actually started to unload was when a huge plane arrives from a country like Russia, first off the suits and authorities were slightly suspect of cargo. Here is this plane which has just landed at their airport very little time had elapsed from the Phone call between to Presidents who have had a negatively generated history of communications in the congress and spun up narrative by the media. Almost no time has been allotted for customs inspection, or reviewing the manifests. Security protocols must take precedence over any inbound foreign cargo arriving. Added to the fact that the cargo was not containerized in shipping crates or pallets this may have been done at the point of loading to allow for the maximum amount of cargo and weight reduction. Who knows how many more masks and ventilators could be loaded without the added weight and bulk of shipping pallets. Also none may have been readily available at the time of loading, or how much extra time it would have taken in Russia to pack all of those cardboard boxes into the containers. then to load them and secure them in the plane.
    I'm sure the cargo was loaded in haste as well.
    in the video all we got to see was the beginning of the learning curve for an unloading process with only a few labors to start unloading. None of whom are accustomed to seeing a plane loaded in such a manor.
    Had this same load arrived at some country where the use of hand labor is a common occurrence once the process of unloading had begun it would have looked like a colony of carpenter ants had descended on it with hundreds of able bodied persons filing in and out in droves. Virtual bucket brigades may have been formed to hand off carton after carton. As more room inside the plane would be created pallets would be carried in loaded wrapped and transported out in a timely manor but first they had to go through a learning curve which to those of us who may have witnessed or been part of something of a similar circumstance we only see the amount of wasted time and manpower.
    We used to receive 45 ft containers all the time at the company I was with in Q8 loaded wall to wall floor to ceiling front to back with cartons ranging from a couple kg. to 15 or 20 kg many not much larger that 200 mm cubed or as large as 400 mm cubed. We would have 40 to 50 guys start unloading sorting and palletizing the cartons then once the process had taken on a systematic rhythm I would estimate how long it might take to get the container emptied cut the time by 1/3 and tell the guys there would be a party if they hit my target time with everything properly sorted and palletized.
    I gave lots of appreciation parties through the years over there.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    True, I guess they wouldn't be expecting hand labor. Not something they've done.

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information