Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Coupon code for 20% off membership: SPRING20

User Tag List

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 542

Thread: Metric vs. other measurement systems - chart

  1. #491
    Supporting Member mklotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    LA, CA, USA
    Posts
    3,160
    Thanks
    326
    Thanked 5,906 Times in 1,965 Posts

    mklotz's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by hemmjo View Post
    Assuming of course that the universe was round and had some comprehensible and definable limit.
    The "KNOWN universe" is defined by the greatest distance to which we can see with our current technology. It is a radius and associated with that radius is the geometric notion of a circumference. It is that circumference to which the quote refers, not the as yet unknown boundary of the universe, if indeed one exists.

    The most puzzling issue to me revolves around the fact that the universe is expanding. Into what is it expanding ? The question is as mind contorting as speculation of the origin of the big bang.

    Save 20% on Membership
    ---
    Regards, Marv

    Home Shop Freeware
    https://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

  2. #492
    Supporting Member Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    10,113
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 3,771 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by mklotz View Post
    The "KNOWN universe" is defined by the greatest distance to which we can see with our current technology. It is a radius and associated with that radius is the geometric notion of a circumference. It is that circumference to which the quote refers, not the as yet unknown boundary of the universe, if indeed one exists.

    The most puzzling issue to me revolves around the fact that the universe is expanding. Into what is it expanding ? The question is as mind contorting as speculation of the origin of the big bang.
    I heard there is a good resterauant at the edge of the universe

    186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

  3. #493
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    518
    Thanks
    257
    Thanked 211 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I heard there is a good resterauant at the edge of the universe
    Good to know 'cause there ain't no good restaurants around here.

  4. #494
    Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    23,826
    Thanks
    7,395
    Thanked 36,022 Times in 10,238 Posts
    The "large boulder the size of a small boulder" tweet has reached meme status, and a similar tweet by the San Miguel Sheriff warned of a "large boulder the size of a large boulder":


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    jimfols (Jan 28, 2023)

  6. #495
    Supporting Member bruce.desertrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    724
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 624 Times in 332 Posts

    bruce.desertrat's Tools
    So what is a ISO standard 'large boulder'?

  7. #496
    Jon
    Jon is offline Jon has agreed the Seller's Terms of Service
    Administrator
    Supporting Member
    Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    23,826
    Thanks
    7,395
    Thanked 36,022 Times in 10,238 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce.desertrat View Post
    So what is a ISO standard 'large boulder'?
    74 golden retrievers.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    mklotz (Jan 29, 2023)

  9. #497
    Supporting Member marksbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,860
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked 362 Times in 290 Posts
    hmm I wonder how big it would be in bolder CO.?

  10. #498
    Supporting Member Hoosiersmoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 212 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The "large boulder the size of a small boulder" tweet has reached meme status, and a similar tweet by the San Miguel Sheriff warned of a "large boulder the size of a large boulder":

    The area "Stoner Creek" would explain the explanation
    "Divided We Stand, Together We Rise!" - (From "White Feather") - Marillion

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosiersmoker For This Useful Post:

    EnginePaul (Feb 1, 2023), Toolmaker51 (Jan 30, 2023)

  12. #499
    Supporting Member Frank S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Peacock TX
    Posts
    10,113
    Thanks
    1,594
    Thanked 7,785 Times in 3,771 Posts

    Frank S's Tools
    Stoner creek, a large boulder the size of a large boulder, Hum must be something in the water.
    Never try to tell me it can't be done
    When I have to paint I use KBS products

  13. #500
    Supporting Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 330 Times in 235 Posts

    old kodger's Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    Stoner creek, a large boulder the size of a large boulder, Hum must be something in the water.
    You got that one wrong Frank, it's a lack of something between the ears.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •