When my 19_38 SuperMax drum sander arrived, I had a spot planned for it but found that it was unsuitable due to being fixed to a wall.
I had some Brownbuilt metal shelving in another shed & thought at 900mm high it would work well.
I use some for sharpening & mitre sawing & that height is comfortable for me. It was too awkward to use after attaching 100 mm castors & reducing the height a bit for the sanders ends. I also fitted a sheet of plywood over some checkerplate foam rubber to dampen bumps & noise generated by the steel bench. A piece of scrap aluminium was used to brace the open front.
Therefore it was on to plan B.
I decided that 230mm should be cut off the cabinet (& keep the finished height a little below my tablesaw height) so did that. To avoid jaming I inserted tiling wedges as I cut.
I also left the front two corners till last & cut them with a hacksaw. I had thought of using a G cramp spaced over the hearby cut but decided against that.
I replaced the top with foam & ply & it now it is much easier to manage. The final height is approx 870mm.
I have had a minor irritating issue with this excellent sander and will cover that in a different post.
Cheers & happy woodworking