Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: Moving out

Thanks

jdurand's Tools

Moving out

The time has come for us to hit the road. We leave our California house for the last time on Monday and some time later arrive at our new temporary headquarters with just what we can carry in the small SUV. About half our stuff is on a ship off the coast of Mexico right now, what didn't fit in the car was sold or abandoned.

So, if anyone is in the Illinois area and wants to say HI, we'll be there in a bit less than a week (I hope!).

How long will we be staying there? Very good question. Until someone on OfficialDUMB decides we can cross the border to get our green cards allowing us to cross the border. Our house awaits, the watchman is enjoying our central heat and high speed internet. Says it's nice.

So, next time you hear from me will probably be from Illinois unless we get a motel with good WiFi and I have some spare time to chat.

As the bumper sticker we got when we were helping The Cousteau Society with one of their tours says... DESTINATION UNKNOWN

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,893 Posts

Toolmaker51's Tools
    Well then, wave as you cross Kansas City!

2000 Tool Plans
    Sincerely,
    Toolmaker51
    ...we'll learn more by wandering than searching...

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    We're in Illinois now, got the computers and network server up and running. I'm about to cook casadias and watch some YouTube on the big TV sitting here (we're in a house that friends inherited so we get the ghosts and piles of stuff stored by various family members). I just fixed the clothes washer so tomorrow we can do laundry!

I REALLY miss having a workshop, I made a right mess of the repair using just stone knives and bearskins.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    Next task here looks like it will be to replace the floor in one of the bathrooms here. Standard problem, water leak rotted plywood under the tiles. Anyway, the new owner, our host, is going under into the crawl space next week to inspect all the wood from that side.

Thanks

jdurand's Tools
    No tools, no shop, no customers... we're going slowly crazy (crazier). I REALLY hope we can get to our new house SOON! All our stuff arrives in St Petersburg on about the 17 (weeks across 2 from now). Sure be nice if we could be there soon to start using it again.

I wonder if we could build a catapult go get over the border?

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

Thread Information