Free 186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook:  
Get 2,000+ tool plans, full site access, and more.

User Tag List

Thread: multi level welding cart

Threaded View

Thanks

hardtail69's Tools

Cool multi level welding cart

OK yes there are many welding carts and configurations out there. Here is yet another this one. It holds two welders and all the usual things I use every day to weld. The welders themselves are a Hobart140, 110 volt, for light work like sheet metal and 1/8" angle iron type stuff, and a Hobart 190 for stuff up to 3/8 thick that we use for welding the Drift trike frames that we build every day. You will notice that except for where the tanks sit, (room for three), there are no flat surfaces to sit things on. That is by design. Flat surfaces tend to attract and accumulate clutter. This cart is mobile and I did not want to have to clear off accumulated junk when ever I had to move it to weld something. The casters are the double locking kind so when you put the brakes on they do not move or swivel. That makes it very steady. Probably a bit of over kill but that's just the way we roll, OK bad pun I know This cart was made entirely from scrap pieces we had laying around the shop. Dimensions are a bit superfluous as you will need to fit it to your own machine, but the concept is valid.
    Our shop is small and this cart helps keep it a lot more tidy and makes having every thing you need to weld, at your finger tips. Which is very very convenient. With this set up we can reach every part of the shop and we only have to move one thing ..the cart itself. I hope this gives you ideas you can use. That's what home made tools is all about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030840.JPG 
Views:	1111 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	6297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030841.JPG 
Views:	865 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	6298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030842.JPG 
Views:	882 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	6299  

186 More Best Homemade Tools eBook

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hardtail69 For This Useful Post:

baja (Dec 21, 2019), C-Bag (Nov 24, 2015), chy_farm (Apr 5, 2018), Jon (Nov 21, 2015), kbalch (Nov 23, 2015), Paul Jones (Nov 24, 2015), PJs (Nov 23, 2015), Ralphxyz (Dec 28, 2023)

Thread Information