Okay - lots of good recommendations here - thanks to all.
- Moved the dehumidifier to the left of the door.
- Organized that under-table storage area to store the little metal saw - trying to dense-pack!
- Swapped the drill press and the 6x48 sander to the other side of the shop.
- Cleaned and patched and painted the wall as an inspiring backdrop.
- Will make a bracket to raise the phase converter straight up; will mount on the wall to the upper right of the door frame.
- Phase converter input will go over the door frame; will share 240/50A circuit with the plasma cutter.
Forrest in Atlanta